Full-Stack Product Designer
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital assets, and play an important role in shaping the future of how the world sees and uses digital currency. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in a hot and emerging global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, we are positioned to succeed. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings herehttps://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
Kraken is expanding our rapidly scaling product team comprised of talented, experienced and motivated veterans of the technology, design and finance industries. We are creating the most advanced and sophisticated cryptocurrency trading platform in the world while relishing every moment along the way. Join the revolution!
We are looking for a unicorn: a hybrid data-driven UI/UX designer who is also an expert at Agile frontend/UI development. He/she can work closely with Product Managers and UX designers/researchers to produce beautiful clean interfaces throughout the entire design process by collaborating on user journeys/flow diagrams, creating wireframes to high fidelity mockups and functional prototypes. Finally this UI designer/developer will work closely with the frontend engineering team to implement layouts into clean, modern frontend code and adhere to best practices. We need a creatively technical, highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail and a passion for beautiful, clean user interfaces and code. You must follow the principles of User-Centered Design to always regard the user experience first. This person will be a key member of the product design team collaborating closely with the best engineers, designers, business leadership, partners and customers in the industry. Competitive salary and perks, beautiful office (or remote opportunity), stock incentives, flexible hours and open PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.
- Be proficient throughout the entire design and implementation process from collaborating with design/development strategy to executing and implementing pixel-perfect mockups
- Collaborate with design team, product managers, developers and stakeholders throughout the entire design process from research to implementation
- Keep open feedback loop with all related teams and stakeholders
- Identify UX/UI problems and hypothesize solutions based on thorough qualitative user research
- Conduct competitive audits to find best practices in the industry
- Conduct usability tests, A/B tests and all other methods to measure KPIs and success metrics
- Create flow diagrams, wireframes and high fidelity mockups of user flows
- Create and test functional prototypes to uncover and fix flaws in the user flow
- Help co-create our proprietary design system and product style guide
- Work closely with our Frontend engineering team on implementing the UI in an Agile team environment
- Implement mockups into HTML & SCSS within the React.js framework
- Write best-practice object-oriented CSS using Tachyons and Bulma UI framework
- At least 3-5 years of full-stack design experience with good references
- Solid portfolio of latest relevant work you will present to the hiring team
- Strong understanding of User-Centered Design and UX principles
- Expert-level experience creating flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, etc.
- Mastery of programs such as Figma, Sketch, Framer, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Zeplin, Principle, UXPin, Balsamiq, Moqups, or similar
- Experience working closely with agile development teams
- Experience and expertise with version control (Github)
- Mastery of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS/OOCSS
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Ability to receive and apply constructive criticism to constantly refine the product
- Be a team player, take initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement
- Desire to make the best trading platform in the world
- Start-up experience is a plus.