Data Scientist - Cryptowatch (Remote)
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
Cryptowatch is the top trading terminal for crypto assets. The team operates as an independent business unit within Kraken, with the mandate to provide sophisticated tools for all types of traders in the crypto world. The platform connects to all the top exchanges in crypto to feed real-time market data and price charts to thousands of traders around the clock, with unique tools to help traders analyze the market and make trades quickly and easily no matter which exchange(s) they choose to trade on. Our team is looking for entrepreneurial dreamers and doers - we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
This role is fully remote.
We are looking for a data scientist who is innovative, highly-motivated, and proactive. You will be an instrumental piece of a small team with a mandate to understand how Cryptowatch visitors and clients are utilizing the product. Succeeding in this role requires knowledge on architecting data systems, a deep understanding of how to measure user behavior, and ability to translate raw data in to easy-to-understand dashboards. You will work closely with marketers and product managers on the Growth team to design user behavior measurement infrastructure and translate data into insights that drive growth. Your work will directly impact the product roadmap and bottom line of the Cryptowatch business.
You will also help establish measurement of key conversion, retention, and usage metrics, then use them to identify opportunities for improvement in the product experience.
What you’ll do
- Partner with engineering, marketing and product teams to identify, prioritize, and answer the most important questions where analytics and modeling will have a material impact.
- Drive cross functional analytic projects from beginning to end: build relationships with partner teams, frame and structure questions, collect and analyze data, summarize and present key insights in support of decision making.
- Work with engineers to evangelize data best practices and implement analytics solutions.
- Work with the Cryptowatch Growth team to design lightweight experiments that help us learn about customers and drive key growth metrics.
- Communicate key results with self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for leadership and product management.
- As the first data scientist on the team, you will create data collection and analysis processes and show the team what best-in-class analytics looks like.
- A degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, Math or a related technical field.
- 5+ years industry experience in data science or analytics.
- A consistent track record of performing data analysis using Python, R, and/or SQL
- Experience using statistics and predictive analytics to solve complex business problems.
- You are quick to pick up new tools and frameworks.
- You are skilled in data visualisation and web analytics tools like Grafana and MixPanel.
- You are able to communicate effectively with businesspeople, designers, developers, marketers, product managers and the customer.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: