Compliance Associate - Broker Dealer Strategic Initiatives
United States /
Compliance – Compliance /
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role:
Do you find the growing amount of global crypto regulations worldwide both slightly nauseating yet also extremely fascinating? Do you enjoy working cross-functionally with an array of teams and individuals? In this role, you will be the driving force that spearheads collaboration between the Compliance Strategic Initiatives (CSI) team and all other Kraken lines of business around the globe to deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible. Your daily objective will be to work with each CSI Associate to coordinate the tracking, organization, and communication of each of their corresponding projects. This will be done by providing support to the CSI Analysts as they work closely with the Strategy, Finance, Legal, Engineering, BizOps and Product teams, as well as in-country leadership and compliance personnel, to: (1) orchestrate all the moving pieces as needed to ensure successful and on-time delivery of ongoing projects; (2) ensure that all stakeholders are aware of outstanding issues and project status; (3) tailor your communications to specific audiences as well as communicate clearly and concisely with all lines of business including senior and executive leadership; and (4) facilitate Kraken’s fast growth by driving accountability and organisation of compliance deliverables for all M&As and new product initiatives.
- Lead crypto research analysts to drive the diligence process for new asset listings and services and other special projects.
- Analyze laws and regulations in the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions to support development of business opportunities in an area of law that is rapidly developing.
- Own and drive key organizational M&A projects from a compliance perspective on both pre- and post-acquisition basis and make recommendations to executives based on compliance issues presented.
- 3+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 2+ years working in a Broker-Dealer environment
- Series 7 Securities License (and ideally series 6 / 24 / 63 licenses
- Experience with project delivery for large, global, cross functional projects with geographically distributed teams
- Seasoned project manager with 7 years’ experience managing compliance and technology projects with aggressive schedules
- Familiarity and previous experience with agile methodologies
- Deep interest in / knowledge of the crypto regulatory landscape
- Resourceful and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyse structured and unstructured data from disparate sources.
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to take ownership of your work product and consistently deliver results in a face-paced work environment.
- Strong organisational proficiency.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know