Core Infrastructure Engineer - Security
Remote Anywhere /
Engineering – SRE / Devops /
Full-time, Onsite or Remote
Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture Explained to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who have a long track record of building premium products for professionals and institutions as well as newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch, with a focus on world-class customer support and crypto education for all.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
About the Role
Core Infrastructure Engineering at Staked is the heart of the operation. We combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant staking node infrastructure. Staked uses a variety of tools including Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Prometheus and Grafana for system orchestration and monitoring. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining these systems alongside other team members.
The candidate will have other experience across a range of technical disciplines and may have had past jobs such as Information Security (Hardening, Detection/Response, SDLC security, etc) and systems (SRE/DevOps, SysAdmin, etc). This is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. We run a 24/7/365 operation to ensure our infrastructure is highly available and our customers are reliably earning staking rewards.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has a systematic approach to problem solving and strong communication skills. They have a deep sense of pride and ownership in their work.
- Create, maintain and improve the core “Infrastructure As Code” that supports our production systems
- Maintain the core infrastructure by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably via automation, and evolve systems by improving reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems
- Lead cross-company security initiatives for Staked within the larger Kraken organization
- Build security automation for cloud environments including automation for testing, scanning, and analysis of vulnerabilities
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or the hard sciences (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- Expertise in DevOps, Infrastructure as Code and algorithms
- Expertise with high availability and fault-tolerant systems, disaster recovery and automation in the cloud
- Expertise in container orchestration using Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud provider APIs, best practices and management (AWS and GCP)
- Experience with Terraform, Helmfile, Prometheus and Grafana
- Expertise in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Preferred: Blockchain interest or experience
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know