People Experience and Recruiting /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
The Instructional Designer will work within a multidisciplinary team in a centralized training department that is responsible for the design, production, evaluation, and maintenance of Kraken’s core training programs. The programs are supported by research and a quality assurance process including training standards, policies, and procedures, along with the publication and/or alternate delivery models for our training material i.e. digital or live.
This position requires a person with high proficiency in instructional design and visual media for both eLearning and media production. Demonstrated high level production skills in eLearning and media production are required. This includes the ability to write content and work within an existing visual framework and requires proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Captivate, Learning Management Systems, video production, audio production, animation and other related tools.
- Solving interesting education and training problems with SMEs and engineers. Your day-to-day will require working with a cross-functional and agile team focusing on developing experiential learning curriculums for a wide range of subjects.
- Coordinating with the project SME and other team members to develop and deliver a coherent project vision from concept through to execution
- Conducting training research and analytics activities, to outline present conditions and gain insights into future areas of development from a learning efficacy perspective
- Helping to design engaging, immersive, and effective learning experiences to instruct trainees and provide them with virtual hands-on experience to master required skills.
- Creating learning flow, scripts, and visual storyboards.
- Providing LMS Administration as required
- Testing and refining the virtual learning experience to improve real-world outcomes.
- Flexibility in work assignments and the ability and willingness to apply instructional design to various learning situations.
- 4+ years of experience in instructional design or in learning product/training development is required in the preferred areas of educational, professional or consumer products
- Strong technology skills - i.e. Adobe Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Captivate, Animation etc... ), use of media and instructional design techniques
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills, with the ability to distill complex ideas and curriculum into easy to understand learning outcomes and materials
- Ability to solve complex problems and drive projects from concept to conclusion; work independently, manage multiple tasks, and set priorities with direction and/or feedback from management and teammates
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations and deliver on them in a dynamic environment across multiple time zones and a diverse workforce
- Educate, and evangelize instructional design frameworks for the next generation of experiential training
- LMS Administration experience (Workday LMS experience preferred)
- Ability to work in a start-up fashion (things will move fast)
- Ability to provide accurate estimates of time required for the completion of projects and to consistently deliver on deadlines
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us