Software Engineer, Python/Django - Cryptowatch
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role.
Cryptowatch is Kraken's professional charting, trading, and market analysis platform. Join the back-end development team and build new functionality for our clients.
- You are passionate about writing fast, efficient software in Python
- You are proficient in Django
- You are comfortable in PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable in a Linux environment and can work with scripting tools like bash
- You have worked on a team before, understand software development methodologies, and write clean, testable code
- You have a security mindset, understand common threats, and how to avoid them
- You are a team player who values transparency and communication
What you’ll do
- Build out the Django back-end for our new back-office tool suite
- Work closely with front-end developers on sculpting the GraphQL contract
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions, and other team activities
A strong candidate will also
- Be comfortable developing for Docker deployment
- Know the basics of accounting and tax gain/loss computations and relief methodologies
- Know how to optimize Django application for large data sets
- Be familiar with GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and Redis
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: