Senior Software Engineer, Python - Cryptowatch
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This is a fully remote role.
Cryptowatch is Kraken's professional charting, trading, and market analysis platform. Join the back-end development team and build new functionality for our clients.
- You are passionate about writing fast, efficient software in Python
- You are comfortable in PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable in a Linux environment and can work with scripting tools like bash
- You have worked on a team before, understand software development methodologies, and write clean, testable code
- You have a security mindset, understand common threats, and how to avoid them
- You are a team player who values transparency and communication
What you’ll do
- Build out the Django back-end for our new back-office tool suite
- Work closely with front-end developers on sculpting the GraphQL contract
- Participate in code reviews, technical discussions, and other team activities
A strong candidate will also
- Be comfortable developing for Docker deployment
- Know the basics of accounting and tax gain/loss computations and relief methodologies
- Know how to optimize Django application for large data sets
- Be familiar with GraphQL, PostgreSQL, and Redis
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know