Compliance Associate - FIU Investigator
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Learn more about us:
About the Role
We are looking for talents experienced and based in Ireland.
Kraken is growing at a rapid pace, during an incredibly exciting time in the crypto industry. Kraken is looking for an investigator to join its Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) which is part of the Compliance department. The purpose of this role is to provide in-depth research and analysis that enables Kraken to detect and assess the financial crime risks posed to the company. FIU investigations have a direct impact on all business areas and are used to inform critical business decisions across Kraken. The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical, critical thinking and writing skills and be able to thrive in a high production environment. Investigators must be able handle sensitive and high-risk cases and must maintain the highest ethical standards.
What you'll do:
- Perform in-depth investigative research on companies and/or individuals who are clients, prospective clients and/or connected parties by utilizing a range of internal data (e.g. transaction activity, KYC etc.) and external data (e.g. blockchains, internet, media, legal, corporate and other publicly available records and databases). Investigations entail Kraken’s operations globally
- Analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data sets to produce in-depth and high-quality written reports that provide assessments of financial crime (e.g. money laundering, bribery and corruption, fraud, tax evasion, sanctions and terrorist financing). Maintain thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations
- File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or equivalent with national authorities when necessary
- Liaise with operations and on-boarding teams as needed during an investigation
- Actively develop knowledge of criminal methods and AML typologies, applying these characteristics through analysis of transaction data to identify unusual activity
- Stay abreast on industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations
- Perform research in support of ad-hoc compliance projects (e.g. program procedures, regulatory inquiries)
Who you are:
- Minimum four-year degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Law, International Relations, business administration, finance, or similar field preferred. Investigations/due diligence experience (private or government sector) strongly preferred
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Resourceful, and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and identify patterns and develop conclusions
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results in a high case volume production environment
- Knowledge of the crypto industry is a plus and willingness to gain expertise of the financial crime typologies in the crypto industry
- CAMS certification is a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to perform data analysis. Ability to learn new technologies and systems for conducting data analysis
- Proficiency in a foreign language is a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know