People Experience and Recruiting /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
This is a great opportunity for a Benefits professional who has already thrived in creating the best‐in‐class people experiences in high‐growth organizations and who wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world! This role will support the day-to-day operations of benefit programs while also managing projects within the benefits organization.
- Support the day-to-day operation of benefit programs working with external broker/providers, to ensure programs are administered efficiently and effectively and Krakenites receive a high quality experience with our plans
- Provide support to People Experience team, carriers, and employees on all benefit related issues and inquiries.
- Functions as main point of contact for leave of absence; provides education to employees and supervisors on the leave process and guidance on next steps.
- Manage process for broker/vendor RFP creation, tracking, and selection
- Project manage the move of benefits from the current PEO model to in-house benefits management coordinating with Payroll, Finance, and People Experience teams
- Manage the RFP process for selection of vendors related to all Health & Welfare and Retirement programs (Benefit Broker, Leave Administrator, FSA/HSA etc..)
- Manage the transition from PEO until all claims have been paid
- Assist with Open Enrollment logistics, implementations, and communications.
- Interpret and apply federal and state guidelines, regulations, and laws appropriately (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, ACA)
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience administering benefits and leaves in a multi-state environment with a focus on ensuring equity. International benefit experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree with an HR emphasis or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125, HSA rules and other benefit and regulatory requirements
- Project management experience within a benefits organization; experience successfully moving away from PEO a plus
- Strong grasp of benefits administration, business processes and best practices
- Able to prioritize, organize and work on multiple projects in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Solutions oriented with ability to proactively research and resolve issues through completion
- Ability to handle confidential matters sensitively and appropriately
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines; organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite & strong excel skills
- Knowledge of HRIS/Benefit systems
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us