Treasury Accounting Manager
United States /
Finance & Accounting – Accounting & Audit /
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role:
We are looking for a results oriented Manager of Treasury Accountant to join a growing team as an individual contributor. The role will support the Accounting department to ensure treasury transactions are recorded timely and accurately including supporting financial reporting disclosures.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/business or related degree
- 8-10 years operations experience in financial institutions with a background in Accounting / Finance / Treasury departments
- CPA license and experience in public accounting, preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Global treasury experience, preferred
- Experience with an accounting ERP system such as Netsuite or SAP treasury management system, banking portals and treasury systems implementation experience helpful
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
What you'll do:
- Ensure that all cash, debt securities and derivative activity (receipts and disbursements) is booked in the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide oversight, review and analysis of treasury accounting and reporting requirements – including enhancements of the existing practices and alignment with other areas of finance
- Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures, regulatory compliance, and US GAAP
- Collaborate with other group finance members and accounting areas to drive efficient transaction tracking and recording
- Work to improve internal controls, procedures and data management
- Coordinate audit requests and other compliance requirements
- Drive monthly, quarterly, year-end investments and derivative reporting
- Work with Technical Accounting team to adapt and incorporate new deal transactions or standards into the procedures of the general ledger team
- Review workpapers and reconciliations prepared by the Treasury team members
- Prepare journal entries or reconciliations for complex or sensitive transactions, as needed
- Special projects, as needed
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know