Product Marketing Manager
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken is scaling the product marketing org to match our increasing breadth of new, charismatic products and rapidly expanding customer base. You will be our current customer's voice and advocate as you work cross-functionally with product, brand, design, engineering, and customer engagement. We are building the strongest product marketing practice in the industry. We operate at the unique intersection of fintech, crypto, and marketing. We focus on quality in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Join our 🚀 before we take off!
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
- Lead product marketing efforts for one of our teams to empathize with and wow our current clients through simple, intuitive investing experiences, i.e. crypto magic: Consumer, Pro/Institutional, Cryptowatch, and token listings and new product offerings
- Plan and execute go-to-market strategy for new products, features, enhancements, and token listings by forming the positioning, messaging, and value proposition
- Learn what customers need before they need it through direct interaction, surveys, and market sizing; bring that perspective to design, roadmapping, and backlog prioritization
- Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
- Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, and how we can scale and automate
- Structure and optimize A/B and multivariate testing in channel marketing
- Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker
- Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves
- Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work
- Keep an astronaut’s mindset: pivot from the micro-details on the ground up to the bigger picture macro view and back down again
- 3+ years of previous experience in product marketing, martech product management, lifecycle, or channel marketing
- Concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
- Experience bringing products to market in fintech (financial technology), a startup environment, gaming, e-sports, or SaaS
- Experience with email, web, mobile/push, and content marketing with a history of focus on the right message for the right customer on the right channel (at the right time!)
- Ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
- Be the antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
- Previous crypto experience not required but certainly nice to have!
Nice to Have
- Geo-specific, global client experience in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, EMEA, or Latin America
- You’ve got a couple of moonshot ideas for transforming marketing in crypto
- You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
#EU #US #LI-AM1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us