Senior Frontend Engineer - React
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
This role is for applicants who will be working from North or South American time zones. If you are planning to work from another timezone please apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/kraken/a5e33e54-1da0-4c65-9fc8-04031125db10
As a Senior Frontend Engineer - React, you will have the opportunity to create beautiful user interfaces for just about everything our customers see. You’ll be joining a fully remote team that owns engineering forkraken.com, Kraken Futures, our mobile apps, and more! You will work in a collaborative, highly productive, team environment and have the autonomy to own projects from ideation to production. Are you a self-motivated, team player, who is excited by the impact of new technologies? So are we!
We look for individuals who lead with integrity and are role models for executing business initiatives with the highest degree of trust. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent technical knowledge and have great communication skills to stay aligned with global teammates.
TL/DR: If you enjoy building sleek applications that are used by millions of people everyday and are experienced with React.js, this is the role for you!
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working with React
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries (Flux pattern)
- Experience with REST and Websocket based web services
- Experience building framework and platform agnostic packages
- Demonstrated ability to work on complex enterprise systems, or successfully deliver a greenfield product
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Knowledge of XState (or similar), Web Workers, or the Actor pattern and how it can be used on the web
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge or interest in learning Rust (we are big time Rustaceans!)
- Passion and knowledge about cryptocurrency
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby too
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know