Backend Engineer, Go Cryptowatch
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
This role is fully remote.
Help us scale Cryptowatch, Kraken's professional charting and trading platform. Cryptowatch has grown organically from a tiny weekend project to a popular real-time cryptocurrency charting and trading platform which people rely on all over the world. We are seeking talented individuals to help us expand the product in new directions. There's rarely a boring day in crypto, and we're looking for people who want to be part of this exciting ecosystem!
- Maintain and develop a service-oriented backend
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in performance
- Design secure, stable, and robust architecture
- Improve monitoring of production services to catch warning signs and critical conditions
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to add support for complex user interfaces
- Collaborate with devops to deploy new services and databases
- Expertise writing backend web services in Golang
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
Nice to have
- Have experience working with instant messaging and chat systems
- Be familiar with with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with protocol buffers
- Have experience with SQL and Redis
- Be proficient with HTTPS and Websockets
- Have experience using AWS
- Be passionate about fast, efficient software
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know