Enterprise Systems Architect
Security & IT – IT & Business Technology /
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
The Business Solutions Team, serves Kraken’s business operations team and works to deliver best in class solutions using applications and integrations. This position will join the Business Solutions team as the Enterprise Architect responsible for the overall architecture of the business applications stack and integrations connecting them together. This is a critical role which requires experience and leadership skills to solve complex business problems using secure, scalable and robust systems architecture. The ideal candidate has worked on Finance, & HCM, domains and has designed, developed and owned systems architecture for global companies. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive attitude, and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence. This is a full-time work from home position.
- Work with business to understand critical business processes, and work with technical teams to understand key systems & integrations to develop artifacts to represent the current state
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity for scale and efficiency within the current state, inform and influence cross functional teams for change
- Own and lead the overall enterprise architecture function and act as the single point of contact for businesses to work with on new projects and transformation initiatives
- Engage in cross-functional projects and represent the Business Solutions team from an enterprise systems architecture and design perspective
- Challenge current architecture from a scale, security and reliability aspects and propose new and modern day architectural patterns and best practices
- Collaborate with teams including, security, engineering and data on overarching architecture and design for cross-functional projects
- Define the governance, best practices for enterprise architecture and ensure architecture and design from teams adhere to the standards
- Evaluates future technologies, applications and systems for business teams (HR, Finance, Legal, etc)
- Work with the security team to conduct design and architecture review of systems and applications
- Overall 8+ years of IT experience with a minimum of 4+ years of experience working as an Enterprise Architect
- Strong working knowledge of HR, Finance organizations and their critical business processes like Hire to Retire, Procure to Pay, etc.
- Experience with owning and managing architecture for enterprise landscape consisting of SaaS and On-prem applications
- Ability to develop and drive technical roadmap for improving current state, reducing tech debt and improving security posture
- Experience working as an Enterprise Architect in a hyper-growth environment and fin-tech is a plus
- Ability to provide recommendations and suggestions backed by industry best practices and market research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Location Tagging: #US #LI-Remote #LI-DA2
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know