Software Engineer, Frontend - UI/UX
Remote - Anywhere
About the Role
This role is fully remote.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. We are using modern web technologies, including Typescript, Webpack, React, and Sass, to develop new UI/UX and improve our clients trading and funding experience. We are looking for developers with an eye for design, and thoughtful attention to detail, who are excited to improve the Kraken user experience.
Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
- Developing new user-facing features using React
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs, wireframes, and business requirements into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance
- Polish UI to ensure it matches 1-to-1 with user tested designs and prototypes
- 2+ years of professional experience preferred
- Solid understanding of Sass or Less and a deep knowledge of modern CSS
- Experience with modern and legacy PHP
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles preferred
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux) preferred
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with RESTful and RPC based APIs
- Bringing applications to production and iterating
- Modernizing PHP web applications
- Experience in crypto industry a plus
- Strong passion for crypto
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.