Fitness Coach / Personal Trainer
People Experience /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
Kraken is building a world class Wellness program to improve the happiness and productivity of our primarily remote based workforce. We are now hiring an in-house fitness coach to help our Krakenites achieve their health goals.
We believe that the crypto industry is changing the world but to achieve this we need a healthy and happy team. As an in-house coach you will have a unique opportunity to positively impact the health and lives of 1000+ Krakenites via educating the team and coaching individuals 1-on-1. This is a great chance for an experienced fitness coach to become part of a cutting edge Wellness team in a forward thinking industry.
- 3+ years of experience in the role of fitness coach, trainer or equivalent (may include time in a research position)
- Advanced degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Human movement Science or similar
- Be flexible with working hours to accommodate sessions with our globally distributed team
- Experience in coaching remotely via video conference
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Lifelong learner with an evidence based approach to fitness and an appetite for keeping up to date with the latest research publications
- Tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy and security
- Create and modify exercise routines based on the needs, potential injuries or health issues of our Krakenites
- Conduct individual and group remote fitness training sessions providing staff with safe, reasonable exercises that they can perform at home
- Set clear objectives and provide support to Krakenites to help them in their progress
- Advise Krakenites about important safety concerns while exercising
- Oversee company-wide fitness initiatives and challenges
- Make company-wide presentations on a variety of topics related to fitness
- Keep up to date on the latest research on strength & fitness and pass easy to interpret digests on to the team
Nice to have
- Sport nutritionist certification
- Physical therapy experience
- First aid / CPR certification
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: