Corporate Onboarding Associate
Client Services /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges in the world.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
Kraken’s Pro Verifications team is expanding as fast as the crypto industry itself. As part of the Client Engagement function, the Pro Verifications team plays a crucial role in Kraken’s mission. Our team’s objective is to provide an exceptional onboarding experience to clients wanting to invest their company funds, trade in larger volumes or offer cryptocurrency payment options to their customers. Our fully remote, global team collaborates to solve problems and innovate ways to push the bar higher, and continually raise the standard of services we offer.
As a Corporate Onboarding Associate, you will use your strong written communication skills to communicate with clients directly through email. Your daily focus will be using your background in KYC onboarding to process the applications of professional traders and institutional investors to help ensure only permissible funds are traded on our platform. You will find opportunities to contribute to the exceptional client experience that is strengthening our among these important clients and the rest of the crypto space. Together, we contribute to the further legitimization of the cryptocurrency movement and to the acceleration of adoption.
Our ideal candidate is a crypto-passionate client-advocate with an eye for detail. You must be ready to work hard with a close-knit team of sharp, critical thinkers in a culture cultivated for feedback. You will succeed if you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and motivated to master the skills required to excel at your role. You will fit in if you are excited by being at the forefront of the crypto industry representing a leading exchange. We are here to win and you must be too.
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency. You must be willing to work weekends.
- Facilitate the seamless onboarding of individual and corporate clients
- Contribute to the creation of an exceptional experience for every client
- Perform Know Your Customer (KYC) and Client Due Diligence (CDD) procedures
- Conduct client research on open source databases
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Effectively communicate with clients VIA email
- Coordinate directly with Kraken’s Compliance team to obtain relevant KYC requirements and expedite urgent verifications
- Participate in innovative projects that enhance client experience, processes and team member engagement
- Have your work evaluated based on quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Work weekends on a rotational basis
- General understanding of KYC and AML requirements
- Strong written English communication skills
- Broad understanding of business models, various corporate structures and beneficial ownership
- Customer Service experience and a strong desire for providing an exceptional client experience
- Experience in a role where performance is measured with quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Experience as a KYC Onboarding Analyst or similar role
- Experience using risk based approach to analyzing businesses
Nice to have
- Fluency in a second language
- Experience processing client AML policies
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us