Senior Accountant, Crypto Facilities
Finance & Accounting – Accounting & Audit /
Full time, onsite 2-3 days per week
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
This position is part of the UK based Finance team and is responsible for helping the team in the reporting
of both financial and non-financial information.
The team is responsible for reporting for UK group companies. This requires close liaison with Finance
teams around the world to ensure that accurate and timely information flows into the monthly reporting
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an important role, providing an excellent opportunity for a
highly motivated individual to develop their skills and understanding of the crypto industry through
exposure to group reporting and analysis.
As the Senior Accountant, you will work within a local team of 6 and a wider team of 120, the local team
is responsible for the preparation of monthly management reporting. As the Senior Accountant, you will
have responsibility for the entity’s book-keeping, reconciliations, regulatory and assisting with VAT
compliance as well as assisting in audit/regulatory filings, planning and budgeting and banking
operation and other relevant regulatory reporting. The local team is responsible for all financial affairs of
all UK entities, including production of month-end close, IC reconciliations, treasury, regulated reporting,
client funds management, statutory reporting, audit, ad-hoc projects.
What you'll do:
- Prepare bank and clients’ account reconciliation. Ensure reconciliations files are available and up to date for internal / External Audit and Regulatory examinations.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ability to prepare and investigate variances; including reconciling Intercompany Ledgers on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring the correct book-keeping and compliance with applicable accounting standards.
- Assisting the team with the preparation of budgets, forecasts and production of monthly management accounts in line with the group reporting timetable and the deadlines at an entity level.
- Assistance with the preparation of periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, forecasts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Treasury management, responsible for preparing reconciliations of daily settlements, to be reviewed by the team.
- Business partnering with non-financial managers and stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Liaising with senior members of the team and group to gain exposure and assist with implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Transactional posting / GL reconciliation
- Maintain Fixed assets, depreciation and amortization register.
- Assisting management with the day to day running of the purchase order system and validating that all POs have been correctly submitted and chasing for relevant information from heads of departments where necessary.
- Taking the initiative to support the team in ad-hoc projects
- Prepared to be involved with audit-related queries and assist the team where necessary
- Hybrid working environment - collaborating across teams and different group companies
Who you are:
- Achieved/working towards a recognized accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Degree in Accounting with 4 - 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience working within cryptocurrency, brokerage exchange, fintech or financial services or comparable company environment is desirable
- Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects, and to multi-task and operate under deadlines
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment
- Working experience with ERP systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, SUMIF
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive and innovative; helping the team to drive improvements through efficiency
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Professional demeanour and highly ethical
- Driven to learn and develop technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
Location Tagging: #UK
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know