Senior Finance Data Analyst
Accounting and Finance /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role:
The Finance team at Kraken is a group of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk and providing the overall financial controls and reporting functions for executive decision making, compliance and audit readiness. Our work contributes directly to Kraken’s success. The Platform Accounting and Analytics department (PAA) within Finance supports the vision and mission of finance through the use of data and analytics.
The PAA department within Finance is looking for a Senior Data Analyst who will work closely with senior leadership within the Finance function to build and manage a cohesive strategy to enhance the consumption of data and analytics to support the objectives of the Finance function and in turn contribute to the mission of the company. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry and contribute to the building of the new global financial system.
What you'll do:
- Build dynamic data visualizations and aid management decision support
- Perform data analysis and investigation related to finance use cases and liaise with cross-functional groups to resolve issues
- Ensure high data quality, integrity and auditability in the data analysis and reporting operations
- Build scalable and reliable data pipelines that collect, transform, load and curate data from internal systems and databases
- Augment platform data with data pipelines from select external and internal systems
- Support design and deployment of finance data lakes that will act as a central source of truth for the Finance function’s reporting and analysis needs
- Develop automation as feasible to drive data solutions to be as near real-time as possible
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in finance data analytics operations
Who you are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 4+ years relevant experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or MIS with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and relevant data modeling best practices
- Experience with finance operations, management reporting and regulatory reporting
- Proficient with data wrangling tools and scripting languages (e.g. Python, SQL etc.)
- Proficient with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Proficient working with APIs and data querying languages for data modeling and analysis
- Experience in fintech, banking industry or financial markets is preferred
- Experience with cryptocurrencies and knowledge of blockchain technology is preferred
- Working knowledge of project and workstream management tools such as Wrike, Confluence, Jira.
Location Tagging: #EU #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us