Motion Designer – Cryptowatch & Kraken
Full-time, Onsite or Remote
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the role
Kraken is expanding our Design team. The company is comprised of experienced and motivated veterans of the technology, design, and finance industries. We are building sophisticated crypto-trading products while having fun along the way. Come help us continue to define and lead this exciting industry.
We are looking for a creative and motivated self-starter with attention to detail and an eye for fun, engaging experiences. A motion designer who can add animations and microinteractions to our products, bringing additional clarity and delight to our apps while fulfilling product and user goals. From storyboarding, to creating custom illustrations, designing animation concepts to high fidelity prototypes, the ideal candidate would create inspirational work and provide clear direction for development teams to implement transitions and animations.
You consider the user experience first and support design decisions with understanding of Gestalt design principles, sensitivity to movement, timing, and composition guided by best practices and data from usability tests and site metrics. You'll be a key member of the design team, collaborating closely with the very best engineers, designers, business leadership, partners and customers in the industry. You will take a leading role defining the global animation styles and libraries for key app features on both Cryptowatch and Kraken.
(Amazing perks, remote teams, stock incentives, flexible hours and open PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.)
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders to deliver the finishing polishes of our products and marketing campaigns using motion design
- Create specialized deliverables for cross-functional projects on Kraken, Cryptowatch, and other company initiatives
- Apply business objectives into concepts creating mockups of movement in user experiences, and storyboarding animations or video
- Bring dense data visualizations to life in our product pages and interactive research reports
- Incorporate visual pattern-based solutions across platforms, from widescreens to mobile
- Define, create, and improve the motion animation tools and processes that accelerate design deliverables
- Translate products into living designs using LottieFiles, mpegs, and other rich media formats
- Prototype design interactions to connect and optimize user flows
- Demonstrate proficiency communicating throughout the design process while formulating high-level strategy, expressing nuanced visual opinions, and establishing a rich product presence.
- At least 4 years of motion design experience
- Strong portfolio of latest relevant work
- Understanding of Gestalt design principles, ability to recognize design challenges, and formulate a variety of creative problem solving solutions
- Sensitivity to movement, timing, composition, and negative space
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and UX principles
- Expert-level creation of user interaction across screen resolutions
- Experience with component-based design tools such as Sketch or Figma
- Creative idea generator with a problem solving mindset
- Ability to receive constructive criticism to ultimately improve the end result
- Willing to take initiative and ownership of tasks and deliverables
- Understanding of Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement
- Proficiency designing for finance, charting, trading, or data dense applications
- Desire to make the best trading platforms in the world
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us