Junior Full Stack Software Engineer
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
This is a fully remote role; we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA. You will be part of the Trading Technology team working on tools and services for Kraken’s institutional clients.
- Debug and reconcile cryptocurrency balances and transaction records
- Update web application and APIs based on clients’ needs
- Develop and maintain core data ingestion services
- Construct dynamically scalable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement a multi-year product roadmap
- Replace legacy Ruby and Python services with Go components
- 0-3 years of experience as a full stack or backend developer
- Knowledge of Go and similar object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby, or a similar scripting language
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Heroku) for deployment and orchestration
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or a similar web application framework
- Proficiency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with crypto/FX trading, derivatives and blockchains
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us