Senior Human Resources Generalist (EMEA)
People Experience and Recruiting /
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role and we will accept applications from: EMEA
Our People team is called the Krakenite Experience (KX) team, and we aim to become a world leader in People Experience. We are seeking an experienced and driven Senior HR Generalist to join our People Operations team. This role will help us enhance, and in many instances create, our HR global and regional procedures and policies. The ideal candidate will be able to effortlessly and positively tackle the tactical, transactional, and often reactionary daily duties of an HR Generalist while also jumping in on the more strategic, complex, and forward thinking KX initiatives.
We need a Senior HR Generalists who can and will:
- Grind through the daily assigned tasks within our HRIS & inquiries submitted to our KX Service Desk ticketing system, while looking for opportunities for improvement
- Draft policy and procedural documents like a pro
- Function simultaneously as a project manager and subject matter expert for key People Operations work activities as assigned
- Context switch, for example: effortlessly switch between helping an hourly US Employee with a benefits question to partnering with the Managing Director of Regional Operations to open a business entity in a new country
- Prioritize the Krakenite Experience by providing white glove service to all levels of Krakenites across the organization
This is a great opportunity for someone with a solid HR pedigree, who has already thrived in creating best‐in‐class people experiences as an HR Generalist or similar role in high‐growth organizations, and who wants to get involved in an industry that is changing the world.
Over the next two years, you can expect to have achieved the following:
- Revamped legacy processes and procedures to ensure our People Operations function is prepared to support our growing globally distributed workforceLed major, cross-functional transformation projects to level-up the People Operations and HR functions in all regions where we work
- Developed Global and Regional HR policies and employee handbooks
- Ensured that the People Operations procedures are audit and IPO ready
- Developed seamless analytics and reporting, allowing data driven insight to flow freely around the organization
- Designed a plethora of fundamental, low-friction processes with an emphasis on automation
This list is not exhaustive.
Day to Day Duties & Expectations:
- Promptly and accurately respond to a wide range of Krakenite inquiries daily ensuring that the Krakenite’s experience is world class throughout
- Review all outstanding service desk tickets to ensure they are properly tagged/labeled and meeting SLAs
- Accurately and promptly process various job change transactions within our HRIS while ensuring that the proper approvals are obtained and the required documentation is present & executed
- Interpret, implement, and answer questions related to HR policies and procedures while ensuring consistency and thoughtfully navigating any gray areas
- Regularly and proactively audit personnel files to ensure all required documentation & information is present and up to date
- Manage, investigate, and resolve employee relations issues in partnership with Legal, KX Business Partners, and/or the Employee Relations Manager as needed
- Shepherd managers through the offboarding process including joining involuntary termination meetings and conducting professional exit interviews
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement across all People Operations work activities and regularly work to enhance processes
- Partner and collaborate with all the sub-functional teams within KX as well as our various company partners: HRIS Enterprise Solutions, Finance (payroll), Legal, IT & Security, Data Protection Officer, Internal Auditor, and more
- Provide back-up support to other People Operations team members as needed
- Quickly become the subject matter expert on People policies and procedures, providing guidance and interpretation to a variety of stakeholders across KX and the Company
- Actively seek to create high quality, easily digestible KX policy and procedural documentation and communication
- Ensure key People initiatives are communicated and carried out effectively
- Utilize Workday (HRIS), HR ticketing system, and others sources of data to create reports or dashboards that will provide workforce insights, enhance decision making, and ensure timely & accurate employee transactions are completed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an HR Generalist, HR Ops Specialist or equivalent in a high growth company, ideally in the tech industry
- HR experience working with globally distributed, work-from-home teams, as well as international teams of various sizes
- Demonstrated knowledge of US and international employment-related laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Experience drafting employee handbooks & legally binding contracts and agreement in a variety of countries & jurisdictions
- Proven ability to tackle HR projects and initiatives, on a global scale, with minimal supervision
- Highly tech-savvy with an appreciation for privacy, security, “crypto values”, sound money, and can get along well with other Krakenites
- Extremely organized with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive problem solver and disciplined self-starter that thrives in an ambiguous environment with ever-changing priorities
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Impeccable communication skills both written and verbal
- Workday experience strongly preferred
- Experience supporting the HR function through IPO strongly preferred
- M&A due diligence and integration experience preferred
- Experience with project/task management software (i.e. Jira, Wrike, Asana) is a plus
- Passion for cryptocurrency adoption and personal experience with crypto strongly preferred
Location Tagging: #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know