Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
About the Role
This role is fully remote.
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Build scalable and reliable data pipeline that collects, transforms, loads and curates data from internal systems
- Augment data platform with data pipelines from select external systems
- Ensure high data quality for pipelines you build and make them auditable
- Drive data systems to be as near real-time as possible
- Support design and deployment of distributed data store that will be central source of truth across the organization
- Build self-service tools that help our data consumers to extract and analyze data from our massive internal data store
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data engineering
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant field (Data Engineer, DW Engineer, Software Engineer, etc)
- Experience with a data warehouse technologies and relevant data modeling best practices
- Experience deploying, configuring, and working with tools such as Druid, Spark, Hadoop, etc...
- Experience building data pipelines / ETL and familiarity with design principles
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with business requirements gathering for data sourcing
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from the around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.