Backend Engineer, Kraken Futures - Rust (Remote)
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
*Role is based in GMT + or - 2 hours*
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken Futures Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken Futures infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Engineer, you help design and implement new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will work on projects through their lifecycle, from their initial requirements, implementation and up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection services
- Write highly scalable, latency sensitive and high volume services
- Build and maintain internal developer tools
- Production support and troubleshooting
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering or Open source contributions/personal projects
- Experience writing asynchronous code
- Experience writing code in Rust
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Good communicator
Nice to have
- Have experience using Kubernetes
- Be familiar with core AWS services (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS)
- Have experience building CI pipelines and/or developer tools
- Have experience with other strongly typed languages
- Experience with distributed systems, messaging systems, Kafka, SQL
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Open source contributions, including in Rust
- Familiar with Java/Kotlin and the JVM
- Experience using docker
- Experience using Linux
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us: