Associate Product Manager, Ethereum Platform Management
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital assets, and play an important role in shaping the future of how the world sees and uses digital currency. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful Bitcoin exchanges in the world. This is an incredible opportunity to join a market leader in a hot and emerging global industry. With growth rates and innovation opportunities not seen since the early internet days, we are positioned to succeed. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades.
Kraken is expanding our rapidly scaling product team comprised of talented, experienced and motivated veterans of the technology, design and finance industries. We are creating the most advanced and sophisticated cryptocurrency trading platform in the world while relishing every moment along the way. Join the revolution!
The Product Manager will be responsible for the research, evaluation, listing and product management of Ethereum-based crypto assets and related products at Kraken. Responsibilities include research on Ethereum-based decentralized protocols, communication with relevant project teams, close collaboration with our business teams on assets of interest, detailing of product requirements and end-to-end execution together with the technology and service teams.
The successful candidate should thrive in a security-focused, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to easily adapt and adjust to change without sacrificing the product vision. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions to business, compliance, technology and client-facing stakeholders. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Work directly with engineering, business, marketing and other teams to deliver innovative Ethereum-based products
- Stay abreast of important developments in the Ethereum and other relevant token communities in order to assess opportunities/risks for Kraken crypto platform products
- Research, prioritize, implement, and help to maintain Ethereum Layer 2 product solutions
- Research, prioritize, and help to implement Ethereum-based DeFi protocols
- Keep up to date on upcoming Ethereum-based protocols and assets and collaborate with internal teams about listing and integration opportunities
- Drive prioritization conversations for Ethereum-related asset listings, staking, DeFi integrations, and L2 solutions
- Identify new cross-chain product opportunities and possible synergies/efficiency gains
- Work closely with and support product decision-making for both the Staking & DeFi Product Managers and the Crypto Funding & Infrastructure Product Managers focused on other areas (Substrate, Tendermint, Solana, etc.)
- Performance tracking, KPI management and analysis in collaboration with business teams
- Plan relevant testing phases, rollout and product delivery
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Deep understanding of crypto projects, their lifecycle, roadmap, community and the potential impact of listing the project on Kraken
- Deep understanding of existing and upcoming Ethereum-based protocols plus overview of the ongoing research in the area
- Ability to gauge the business and technology impact of a crypto project (ex. Whitepaper analysis)
- Understanding of the compliance and regulatory requirements around crypto assets
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency exchange space
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or fintech relevant experience is required
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us