Enterprise Account Executive
We’re a small, tight-knit team on the leading edge of Kubernetes adoption and optimization seeking an accomplished Senior Enterprise Account Executive who is comfortable selling cloud infrastructure and/or DevOps products and services to companies both large and small.
This is an opportunity for an experienced, technologically savvy sales professional to focus on selling to engineering and operations teams, where we take a developer-first approach to building relationships. As a member of our growing Sales team, you’ll work alongside the founding team and engineers to dramatically influence the future of our users’ infrastructure—and help us develop new sales channels by reaching a diverse set of audiences throughout organizations. You’ll own the entire sales process from beginning to end: qualifying and following up with leads, developing and delivering pitches, helping with contracts and pricing, and closing deals directly. You will work with company leaders to develop our sales playbook, incorporating direct input from Product, Engineering, and Technical Success. If you’re passionate about shaping the future of a young sales organization on the leading edge of technology while also having massive upside at a fast-growing startup, this is your opportunity!
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability, and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
Our ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of enterprise sales experience and experience with the MEDDPICC sales methodology
- Proven success selling cloud-native/open-core technology to technical personas (ex. DevOps, SRE, Platform Engineers, etc…)
- Ability to demo products to technical and non-technical audiences alike and articulate value to the full range of customer types
- Passion for technical infrastructure (Kubernetes familiarity preferred) and how it powers the world’s applications and enables development teams
- Understanding of basic financial concepts in cloud computing (ex. chargeback, reconciliation, allocation, etc…)
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Top notch presentation, listening, observation, and communication skills—both verbal and written
- Ability to run complete sales cycles from qualification to close
- You have the unique ability to uncover customer needs and drive technical solutions that deliver business outcomes.
- Demonstrable success with direct prospecting
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skill set and experience.
- The OTE range for this position is: $225k-$250k
- The equity compensation for this position is 0.03% – 0.06%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees and for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
🌴 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, co-working weeks, and more
up to $500 per year reimbursement for wellness-related expenses like gym memberships, workout equipment, therapy, meditation classes & more!
Stackwatch is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.