Senior Product Marketing Manager
Full-Time- Remote /
We’re a small, tight-knit team on the leading edge of Kubernetes adoption and optimization seeking an accomplished Senior Product Marketing Manager to help us meet our ambitious user growth goals. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Product teams, you’ll be responsible for creating compelling messaging and company positioning to connect with the market, understanding the customer, building key personas, and working with customers to share their stories to internal and external audiences. You will possess an understanding of the competitive landscape, our customers and their challenges, and our solutions and benefits. Ideal candidates should be comfortable with experimentation and ambiguity, take decisive action rooted in data and analytics, and enjoy collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes and cloud native infrastructure at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability, and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Create value propositions, messaging frameworks, and content to communicate product capabilities and their benefits to Stackwatch’s prospects and customers
- Identify and translate customer journeys into owned, earned, and paid programs by coordinating with Demand Generation team
- Enable Sales through continuous improvement of product messaging, demos, sales presentations, whitepapers and other collateral, webinars, and competitive insights
- Work with Sales, Product, and Marketing to prioritize market needs, generate product roadmaps, and determine strategic investments
- Work closely with Product to stay abreast of and communicate product updates, and build a deep understanding of our customers and the market by conducting primary qualitative and quantitative research and competitive analyses that inform strategic product & marketing decisions
- Provide a regular cadence of education about our products and feature releases both within Stackwatch, research and build the customer journey and coordinate with Demand Generation to development the content to drive programs and revenue.
- Publicly represent Stackwatch and its products at industry events
Our ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software Product Marketing and/or Product Management, ideally for a B2B SaaS organization delivering IT solutions to Fortune 500 companies
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Cloud or other related subjects
- Proven track record in positioning and messaging development as well as planning, creating, and launching go-to-market strategies for new and existing products
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with a high degree of accountability
- Strong analytics, problem solving, and critical thinking skills to translate learnings into the right priorities to grow the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of independent execution in a fast-paced environment by effectively prioritizing and executing multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Strong entrepreneurial “get things done” attitude
- Excellent presentation skills for external and internal audiences at all levels
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The range for this position is: $140k-$190k
- The equity compensation for this position is: 0.04%-0.07%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Empowered Responsibility—We take ownership & believe in autonomous decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Be am awesome communicator— We write and speak directly & clearly with empathy, precision, and candor; we give & receive feedback gracefully; we make generous assumptions about our teammates’ intentions and listen with the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees and for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
🌴 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, co-working weeks, and more
up to $500 per year reimbursement for wellness-related expenses like gym memberships, workout equipment, therapy, meditation classes & more!
Stackwatch is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.