Join a tight-knit, fast-growing team on the leading edge of cloud infrastructure technology. As a Sales Engineer, you’ll help us solve technical problems and highlight the impact and value of our solutions to prospective users. We’re looking for someone who is as passionate about Kubernetes & cloud infrastructure, our product, and customers as we are—as one of our first 30 employees, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of our pre-sales organization and technology.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
This role provides a blend of user/prospect-facing interactions and technical problem solving. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Partner with Sales to set customers up for success by discovering their unique technical needs and ensure product fit
- Work directly with prospects and customers on POCs and implementation of Kubecost to solve key architecture questions and challenges
- Become a specialist in our product features and troubleshoot them through testing and collaboration with others
- Identify areas of improvement for our implementation and support ecosystem (ex. documentation, guides, open source tools, etc) to aid our customers
- Communicate the value of Kubecost to prospects and customers—and how Kubecost can benefit them—through demos, conversations, and working sessions
- Work directly with the founding team and senior engineers to influence the product and its roadmap
- Contribute code where you see an opportunity
Our ideal candidate has:
- Team player mindset that embraces the challenge of solving complex problems with both technical + soft skills
- Experience with at least one of the main cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience with Kubernetes; comfort with Kubernetes terminology and eagerness to learn more
- Experience with or a general understanding of the following projects:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with customers and prospects via email, Slack, phone and video
- Familiarity with general DevOps/FinOps practices
- Ability to demo products to technical and non-technical audiences alike and articulate value to the full range of customer types
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The OTE range for this position is: $210k – $250k
- The equity compensation for this position is: 0.06% – 0.08%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees and for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
🌴 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, co-working weeks, and more
up to $500 per year reimbursement for wellness-related expenses like gym memberships, workout equipment, therapy, meditation classes & more!
Stackwatch is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.