People Operations Lead
Join a tight-knit, fast-growing team on the leading edge of open-core, cloud infrastructure technology. We’re looking for a People Operations Lead to support our growing, multinational team’s needs and help us foster an inclusive, engaging, and collegial environment. Working closely with our Head of Operations and Recruiting, you will manage the full team member lifecycle, from welcoming and onboarding new hires to developing and retaining staff through benefit programs, performance and career management, and continued learning opportunities. You will also drive our DEI programs and collaborate with employee groups to proactively meet the needs of our diverse team. As the leader of the People Operations function, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of our culture, build and develop close partnerships with senior leaders, and make a meaningful impact on your teammates’ careers and lives.
Backed by leading VCs and software executives and founded by ex-Google cloud engineers and PMs, Stackwatch empowers teams to efficiently operate Kubernetes at scale. Starting with our flagship product Kubecost, we build tooling and intelligence to manage cost, performance, reliability and other infrastructure operability challenges. Our team is fully distributed, and we’re dedicated to building a vibrant, remote-first company culture that focuses on kindness and collaboration while achieving outsized results. We recently raised our Series A—this is an amazing opportunity to join a startup with significant traction!
You will have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate and own the new hire process, including sending offer letters, coordinating and leading introduction sessions, setting up access and accounts, and working with hiring managers to ensure a consistent, smooth, and complete onboarding process.
- Support benefits and 401(k) administration, including: handling employee enrollment and questions, supporting open enrollment, and researching new benefits and perks.
- Ensure compliance with statutory federal and state employment guidelines, including initial and ongoing registration with relevant state and local regulatory agencies.
- Facilitate immigration and visa management for the organization and partner with legal counsel as needed; manage international and other complex employment arrangements.
- Own payroll process end-to-end, including biweekly payroll, commission and bonus payments, and payroll tax
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date employee records in HRIS and other systems, and advise on/implement new HR tooling as needed
- Generate and report on People Operations metrics, such as headcount planning and turnover
- Respond to claims and employment verification requests on behalf of the company
- Partner with the People Operations team on employee engagement initiatives, including quarterly engagement surveys and results reporting
- Support team-facing initiatives such as event planning, retreats, and wellness programs.
- Assist with other People Operations functions as needed, stepping in to help with recruiting and administrative tasks during critical times
Our ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of HR and/or people operations experience in a high-growth technology company (or equivalent functional knowledge), preferably at a startup with a distributed or remote workforce.
- Deep expertise in global mobility, international hiring, and immigration programs.
- Track record of success owning benefits administration, onboarding and offboarding, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Knowledge of current DEI best practices and a genuine interest in fostering inclusive and progressive work cultures.
- Experience with Google suite, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as HRIS platforms (we currently use Zenefits); desire and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Superb organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise impeccable judgement while working with highly sensitive data and information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, an approachable style, and the ability to navigate complex relationships and have difficult conversations.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to manage rapidly shifting, competing priorities.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for new technologies and a strong sense of intellectual curiosity.
- We evaluate our pay scales on a semiannual basis to ensure competitiveness with the upper end of the market for comparably-sized companies, and maintain equitable and transparent compensation policies and processes. Placement within the range will be based on skillset and experience.
- The range for this position is: $115k – $150k
- The equity compensation for this position is: .0.06% – 0.12%
Launch & learn—We are resourceful, biased toward action/experimentation, and value a growth mindset.
Strive for excellence, get results—We aim high & take pride in our work, but maintain focus on progress, not perfection.
Context, not control—We believe in empowered decision-making through transparency, flexibility & data.
Welcome diversity—We celebrate and embrace our differences! Aside from being an Equal Opportunity Employer, we place a high value on inviting new perspectives & a broad range of backgrounds and experiences; we are inclusive and seek to create a psychologically safe environment for all teammates; we disagree respectfully.
Celebrate contribution—We maintain a deep commitment to making open source contributions; we are community-oriented; we give and take feedback with grace.
Love the user—We are curious about the end user experience & sensitive to their needs, no matter who the end user of our work is.
Be an awesome communicator—We think clearly, communicate directly, and focus on quality; we listen with empathy and the desire to understand.
Read about our culture, current policies, and benefits at handbook.kubecost.io
🏥 100% paid health insurance for employees, 50% paid for dependents
🦷 75% paid dental and vision insurance for employees, 25% paid for dependents
💻 $3000 equipment stipend every three years to trick out your remote work setup
🖇 Shared office space reimbursed up to $400/month
🗓 Take what you need PTO (we mean it, and we model it!)
🎉 11 company-paid holidays
🐣 12 weeks paid new parent leave
🌴 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
✈️ Company-sponsored opportunities to travel and gather with your teammates at events, all-hands retreats, co-working weeks, and more
Stackwatch is an equal opportunity employer. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.