Product Development – BI /
KUBRA is in growth mode and currently seeking a Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics Team!
As a Data Engineer, you will be working on designing and maintaining our data Infrastructure and ETL processes under the direction of the Team Lead, or Senior Data Engineer. The best part? You will also get the opportunity to collaborate with an amazing Data Analytics team to provide BI Analysis as a secondary focus!
This is a hybrid role for our Mississauga office.
What you get to do every day
- Design, build, and maintain data infrastructure, ETL processes, and data pipelines
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines in AWS and Databricks
- Build and optimize python/pyspark framework
- Maintain SQL Server and AWS data infrastructure
- Work with Unstructured/Semi Structured data and build reporting tables
- Assist the BI Analyst to manage client reporting requirements
- Build Data models and assist the BI Analyst to offer data driven insights
- Design data models and automate manual processes.
- Migrate on-premise data systems to AWS cloud and maintain existing SSIS packages
- Foster an environment that emphasizes trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
What kind of person should you be?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all client communications
- Ability to influence others, build relationships, manage conflicts, and handle negotiations
- Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment focused on results
- Ability to handle pressure
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor's or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Analytics.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of cloud experience on any of the major cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Hands on Knowledge of Data Modeling, Warehousing and BI Reporting Tools
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of SQL, R, Python, Spark, or Kafka
- Preferable to have experience with one or more of BI tools, Databricks, Snowflake/Redshift, DBT
- Experience with handling streaming data is an asset
What can you expect from us?
- Award-winning culture that fosters growth, diversity and inclusion for all
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Access to LinkedIn learning courses
- Continued education with our education reimbursement program
- Flexible schedules
- Free unlimited access to our refreshment stations (fully stocked with tea, coffee and other beverages)
- Two paid days for volunteer opportunities
- Well-being days!
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request by emailing the email@example.com. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
While we value the skills and experiences listed in our job requirements, we also recognize that talent comes in many forms, and welcome applications from candidates who meet most but not all specified requirements. If you possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a dynamic work environment, apply now!
KUBRA is a fast-growing company that delivers customer communications solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America. KUBRA offers billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of Hearst.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.