Senior DevOps Engineer
Tempe, AZ / Greater Toronto Area, ON
Product Development – DevSecOps /
KUBRA is in growth mode and currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to work with our DevSecOps Team!
The Senior DevOps Engineer works with a team of engineers, focused on building and maintaining our AWS cloud infrastructure for the KUBRA HQ platform.
What you get to do every day:
- Provide guidance to DevOps engineers for Terraform based Infrastructure as Code including peer code review
- Participate in technical design discussions with KUBRA Software Engineering teams that are exploring new cloud infrastructure to support their services
- Contribute to the design and improvements of infrastructure, architecture, development, and deployment.
- Standardize, develop and maintain common development tools and infrastructure, such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, cluster management, config management, etc.
- Assist with mentoring and coaching junior staff members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by following the broader industry, attending training sessions and educational workshops.
- Help maintain a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization with an emphasis on the KUBRA mission, vision, guiding principles, and values.
- Maintain and adhere to quality and service standards, analyze and resolve issues, identify trends, and recommend improvements.
- Develop documentation, including but not limited to platform requirements and functional specifications.
- Concurrently work on a variety of projects and tasks using a variety of technologies.
- May travel to visit clients or other KUBRA offices throughout North America to participate in design sessions and deliver technical presentations and training
What kind of person should you be?
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all client communications.
- Ability to influence others, build relationships, manage conflicts, and handle
- Understanding and following the business strategy, objectives, and adjusting to performance metrics.
- Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle pressure and focus on results
What skills do you need?
- Technical certifications are preferred with preference to AWS and Kubernetes certifications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Cloud infrastructure, Microservice architectures, Operations or DevOps roles.
- Extensive experience with Amazon AWS cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS etc. is required.
- Experience architecting and maintaining highly scalable and available environments with cloud environments is strongly preferred.
- Experience in building, running and scaling microservices using Kubernetes, Istio, Docker, monitoring services like (Prometheus, DataDog, New Relic etc.) etc. is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Linux, AWS and distributed application architectures.
- Experience in distributed applications on AWS
- Experience with AWS EKS Kubernetes
- Experience with following tools preferred but not strictly required: Terraform, CircleCI, ArgoCD, GitHub, Istio
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
Equal Employment Opportunity: We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
While we value the skills and experiences listed in our job requirements, we also recognize that talent comes in many forms, and welcome applications from candidates who meet most but not all specified requirements. If you possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a dynamic work environment, apply now!
KUBRA is a fast-growing company that delivers customer communications solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America. KUBRA offers billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of Hearst.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.