Senior Cloud Services Engineer
Phoenix, AZ /
Product Development – DevSecOps /
KUBRA is in growth mode and we have a very exciting opportunity! We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Cloud Services Engineer to join our Cloud Services team!
As a Senior Cloud Services Engineer, you will be providing subject matter expertise and leadership in automation and cloud technologies, with a primary focus on AWS. You will play a crucial role in the design, development, implementation, and ongoing operation of tools for building, provisioning, and monitoring cloud environments. Your responsibilities will encompass managing systems and environments with mid to high complexity, ensuring scripting, reliability, and scalability while closely monitoring capacity and performance. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Software Engineers and Operations. Most of your time will be dedicated to leading or participating in major projects and initiatives.
What you get to do every day
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge in Automation and Cloud technologies, particularly with a strong focus on AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Python, and Puppet, to provide subject matter expertise and drive innovative solutions for our cloud infrastructure.
- Lead the design, development, and automation of tools for building, provisioning, and monitoring cloud environments, ensuring they are scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available.
- Manage and maintain systems and environments with mid to high complexity, implementing scripting and automation to optimize reliability, efficiency, and scalability while proactively monitoring capacity and performance.
- Infrastructure Design and Automation: Design, implement, and maintain the infrastructure using automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible, ensuring that cloud environments are scalable, efficient, and follow best practices.
- Cloud Environment Monitoring: Establish comprehensive monitoring solutions to proactively track the health, performance, and availability of cloud services and applications, promptly identifying and resolving potential issues.
- Incident Response and Troubleshooting: Lead incident response efforts, swiftly addressing and resolving critical incidents that may impact the availability or performance of cloud systems, and conducting thorough post-mortem analysis to prevent future occurrences.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD): Enhance and optimize CI/CD pipelines, automating the deployment and testing processes to facilitate rapid and reliable software delivery to production environments.
- Security and Compliance: Implement and enforce security best practices, conduct regular security assessments, and collaborate with the security team to address vulnerabilities, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Performance Optimization: Analyze system performance and conduct optimization efforts to improve cloud service efficiency, scalability, and response times, optimizing resource utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing: Maintain comprehensive documentation of cloud infrastructure, configurations, and operational procedures, and actively share knowledge and best practices with the team to enhance overall operational efficiency and expertise.
What kind of person should you be?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with fellow team members and teams across the organization
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and business skills
- Strong technical skills to support understanding existing solutions and architecture as well as future architecture needs
- Strong work ethic and dedication to quality
- Ability to work in a high activity setting and multi-task
- Ability to work effectively on an issue and see it to satisfactory completion
- Hands-on experience in Cloud migration and implementation.
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, flexible hours, including nights and weekends
What skills do you need?
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or technical certifications are preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in AWS Cloud administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a coding language (e.g., Python, Terraform, Pearl, and or bash etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) Concepts
- Minimum of 5 years of experience Configuration Management
- Proficiency in Apache Tomcat, encompassing configuration, deployment, and management.
- Proficiency in Linux environments
- Comprehensive expertise spanning servers, networks, VPCs, IAM, Cloudfront, Firewalls and disaster recovery. .
- Highly skilled in fundamental network services, encompassing DHCP, DNS, IP routing and Shared Services
- Experience working in environments with regulatory compliance requirements such as PCI, SOC II Type II etc.
What can you expect from us?
- Award-winning culture that fosters growth, diversity and inclusion for all
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Access to LinkedIn learning courses
- Continued education with our education reimbursement program
- Flexible schedules
- Free unlimited access to our refreshment stations (fully stocked with tea, coffee and other beverages)
- Two paid days for volunteer opportunities
- Well-being days!
Equal Employment Opportunity: We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
KUBRA is a fast-growing company that delivers customer communications solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America. KUBRA offers billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of Hearst.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.