Staff Software Engineer (GIS)
Phoenix, AZ /
Product Development – Product Engineering /
Here we grow again! With the increase in new clients and projects, our Product Development team is expanding and we are looking for an accomplished Staff Software Engineer to join the team!
This is a hybrid opportunity in Tempe, AZ.
What you get to do every day
- As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work as part of a team of developers focused on building enterprise customer experience management software
- Contribute to design of new functionality and expand existing functionality
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Team Lead, and management on product roadmap and architecture development plans
- Participate and lead discussions regarding new products/features
- Suggest ideas for new products and micro-services
- Create/assist with architecture of new products
- Write software to add features to existing software
- Write high concurrent, highly performant software
- Bootstrap new software applications possibly with new architecture
- Debug and resolve bugs in existing software
- Debug complex issues non-staff engineers cannot solve
- Debug complex server/container issues
- Write unit tests proving software fixes or features
- Automated AWS resource creation/modification
- May travel to visit clients throughout North America to participate in design sessions and deliver technical presentations and training
What kind of person should you be?
- As a Staff Software Engineer, you pride yourself on your problem-solving and analytical skills
- You have the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar systems & code bases
- You can handle the most stressful situations calmly
- You often suggest ideas for new applications that can improve operations
- You're self motivated
- Your ability to debug & triage complex problems is outstanding
- You have the ability to assess maintainability & long-term impacts of design choices
- You have mad respect for deadlines
- The ability to work independently is crucial but you also know that Teamwork Makes The Dream Work
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in Java or Python environments
- GIS skills required to process large volume real-time GIS data
- Ability to process and visualize large volume GIS data for the web/mobile
- Data Serialization for WebGL
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud facilities such as EC2, S3, and RDS is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Java and object-oriented design, with knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot and Java EE
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Terraform or similar software
- Experience with Docker
- Experience architecting new software applications
What can you expect from us?
- Award-winning culture that fosters growth, diversity and inclusion for all
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Access to LinkedIn learning courses
- Continued education with our education reimbursement program
- Flexible schedules
- Free unlimited access to our refreshment stations (fully stocked with tea, coffee and other beverages)
- Two paid days for volunteer opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity: We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
KUBRA is a fast-growing company that delivers customer communications solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance, and government entities across North America. KUBRA offers billing and payments, mapping, mobile apps, proactive communications, and artificial intelligence solutions for customers. With more than 1.5 billion customer interactions annually, KUBRA services reach over 40% of households in the U.S. and Canada. KUBRA is an operating subsidiary of Hearst.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.