Manager of Software Engineering - Shared Platform
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Full Time /
Founded in 2012 with the mission to improve the financial lives of people in Mexico, Kueski is the leading buy now, pay later (BNPL) and online consumer credit platform in Latin America, known for its innovative financial services. Its flagship product, Kueski Pay, allows customers to make purchases and pay later, both online and in physical stores and has become the payment choice for a quarter of Mexico's leading e-commerce merchants. Notably, it stands out as the first buy now, pay later (BNPL) option accessible to Mexican consumers on Amazon.com.mx.
Kueski is frequently recognized for its strong, diverse and inclusive company culture. In 2022, Kueski was named one of the most ethical companies in Mexico by AMITAI, and one of the best companies for both young professionals and female talent in Mexico by EFY. The company has also been named to CB Insights’ Fintech 250 list.
As a Software Engineering Manager within Shared Platform, your mission is to deliver high-quality technical services that support and enable Kueski’s products. You will oversee the technical and non-technical aspects of the development process, while guiding and mentoring a team of software engineers.
- People Management
- Compose and shape your team, aligning skills with objectives.
- Understand and nurture team members' strengths, development areas, and engagement.
- Cultivate trust, hold regular 1:1 meetings, and enhance team engagement.
- Ensure balanced workloads, psychological safety, and conflict resolution.
- Shape a feedback culture, by receiving and providing feedback in a candid and respectful manner.
- Champion culture and guide career development for your team.
- Own all people processes: hiring, onboarding, development, and performance.
- Technical Strategy
- Lead as a software engineering expert, setting the direction for technical excellence.
- Maintain high standards, provide feedback, and encourage learning
- Guide elegant and simple software solutions, aligning with tech vision
- Manage technical debt, compliance, security, and align solutions with operational needs
- Product Management
- Implement the product vision and roadmap that enables Kueski’s products; while making sure it aligns with the technical strategy within the tribe
- Define and prioritize the product roadmap, considering Kueski’s product needs
- Stakeholder management, providing clarity of what features are prioritized and are to be included in the next release iteration, and which will not
- Create specifications and manage the development process
- Ensure on-time, within budget, and quality software delivery
- Implementation of agile practices, risk management, and quality assurance
- Oversee CI/CD processes and system performance monitoring
- Acquire domain knowledge for better product solutions
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven experience in software engineering and development
- Proven experience in driving product development from conception to launch, including requirements gathering and prioritization
- Previous experience in a managerial or leadership role
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and concise product requirements
- Exceptional people management and team-building skills
- Expertise in relevant technologies, programming languages, and frameworks
- Demonstrated track record of successful project delivery
- Strategic thinking with an ability to align technical solutions with business objectives
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and project management tools
- Strong problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to challenges
- Knowledge of security practices and software architecture principles
- Excellent communication in both, English and Spanish.
You’ll love working at Kueski because:
- We have a mission-driven culture focused on customer value, teamwork, humility, and integrity.
- Everyone is expected to have role clarity, career growth, and a personal development plan. Feedback and recognition is embedded in our company processes, systems, and practices.
- We ensure competitive salary, medical insurance, and wellbeing through ample and flexible time off as well as mental healthcare benefits. Everyone is an owner and eligible for competitive stock options with a company poised for success.
- We´re committed to building an inclusive and diverse team and we know this leads to incredible work.
Kueski: Where talent excellence improves Mexican lives