DBA Engineer Lead - Infrastructure Engineering
Mexico (Remote) /
Engineering – Infrastructure Engineering /
The Lead DBA collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure security compliance and performance optimizations. Additionally, while this position is an individual contributor role, the ideal candidate will have experience leading small teams of DBAs and an interest in becoming a manager as the team grows.
* Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure
* Design Kueski’s best practices, architectural guidelines and policies regarding databases
* Training eligible staffs on how to access and apply the database
* Database modeling and designing databases schemas
* Develop and design stored procedures, routines, tables and triggers.
* Work with developers, product managers and other team members review the business requirements and translate them into database objects.
* Creation of data and performance reports to support Kueski’s operational needs.
* Implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
* Help with changes and implement a version control system of the database
* Interact with Platform on maintenance and upgrades
* Implement release management for the DB
* Provide reviewing capabilities for PRs related to DB usage
* Design and implement DRP procedures
* 5+ years of DBA experience implementing, managing, and administering enterprise databases
* 3+ years of DBA experience engineering, administering, and managing Postgres databases
* 3+ years of experience managing relational databases on cloud platforms (AWS)
* Required experience administering Amazon RDS service
* Experience supporting ETL and ETL processes
* Experience with AWS cloud monitoring and alerting technologies such as Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail
* Experience automating tasks with configuration management or provisioning tools (Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
* Experience with scripting languages
* Experience with data governance principles, practices and frameworks.
* Experience with AWS services (at least AWS RDS, Elastic Compute, S3, IAM).
* Experience developing security aspects of databases
* Experience developing automation techniques and diagnostic tools to improve performance
* Español e Inglés Conversacional
Benefits and Perks:
- Major medical insurance
- Stock options
- Flexible work, including working from home 100% Remote
- Personal Days
- Saving Fund
- Pantry Vouchers
- 30 day Christmas Bonus