Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Mountain View, CA
Come and change the world of AI with the Kumo team!
The creation of the data warehouse emerged to solve the analytics problem of large amounts of data. Now, we’ve moved from megabytes to gigabytes to terabytes of data storage with no end in sight and companies invest millions of dollars to store and organize that data and only leverage a fraction of it for machine learning.
With Kumo, we are building the first data platform to seamlessly allow machine learning over data warehouses for faster, simpler, and smarter predictions to combat data waste and maximize data value. Query the future with Kumo.
In this role, you will help us design and build the core of our system working alongside seasoned engineering leaders with decades of experience and some of the best researchers from Stanford and other top universities. We are adapting and inventing cutting edge ML techniques to fit well with learning over data warehouses. The technical challenge here is to create scalable storage and compute systems that will fit well with both the data warehouse and the ML training and inference systems and provide for scalability, reliability, restart and security of cloud-first applications. The final product will follow a customer first approach and be extremely easy to use from both ML and cloud deployment.
The Value You'll Add:
- Design the core of our training and inference systems
- Design and build systems to scale and integrate
- Design APIs between the system components to decouple them and make independent development easy
- Produce designs that can be iterated over time to achieve more scalability
- Implement the first version of the product
- Engage with customers, iterate on the product
- BS (preferred MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience
- Role will be focused on Systems/Scalability/Integrations.
- 4+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm-related solutions
- 4+ years experience programming in OOP languages like Java, Python, or C++
Your Extra Special Sauce:
- Knowledge of Cloud distributed storage/databases, file systems, and distributed storage.
- Ideal candidate would have the knowledge to integrate systems and distributed data processing technologies
- Experience building Micro-services & Cloud Platforms on AWS, and Azure.
- Experience with industry, open-source projects, and/or academic research in large-data, parallel, and distributed systems.
- Experience in using and/or contributing to an inference serving technology, PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Experience in building machine learning platforms at large scale
- Understand the fundamentals of machine learning, ideally in both academic and industry environments
- Competitive Salaries
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.