Fraym – Operations
Fraym was built to help fast-growing companies, development organizations, and government agencies succeed in Africa. Before Fraym, decision-makers had to rely on anecdotes, “gut feel,” or expensive primary data collection to make critical decisions. Fraym offers a better way: we provide localized data on communities and populations across all of Africa.
To do this, we weave together household survey data and satellite imagery with proprietary machine learning algorithms to produce hyper-local insights across the continent. This exclusive data platform helps companies and organizations understand and reach specific populations.
Summary of Position
The Operations Associate supports senior management to ensure the company's day-to-day activities operate efficiently and effectively. In addition to supporting the general operations of the company, you will be tasked to help identify specific areas in which the company can improve financial and operational efficiency as well as implement new directives for growth. Being in a dynamic and fast-growing company, you will be supporting the recruitment of new talent and onboarding processes, as well as implementing new communications and processes in order to scale the company culture as efficiently as possible. Accordingly, you will help to run all daily operations of the company, including scheduling, coordinating logistics and information technology for the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a wide range of complex administrative and general support; liaise with active vendors; arrange travel plans and associated paperwork. Answer and route phone calls, mail and e-mail messages; optimize and maintain filing system(s); purchase and maintain inventory of supplies for the office.
- Provide operational support to the different teams, their managers and coordinate all initiatives and processes for optimization and/or implementation.
- Assist with recruitment and human resource functions (e.g. screening, scheduling, interviewing, evaluating, hiring) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, improving productivity of personnel and achieving objectives within budget.
- Act as a liaison with the professional employer organization (PEO) and process new hire & benefit paperwork, including the coordination of annual Health Insurance Open Enrollment paperwork.
- Assist with regular accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, as well as accounting activities.
- Support the preparation of financial reports as needed.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of annual budgeting process and strategic plan development, ensuring that allocations are accurate and/or that fiscal practices are followed. Monitor and make suggestions for internal controls, as needed.
- As a lean, ambitious company, flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever needed is critical.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Excellent academic credentials: Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Business, Operations, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Strong technical foundation in corporate finance, budget management, and/or accounting experience with knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is strongly preferred
- Highly motivated with good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Results-oriented individual with a dedicated and creative approach to problem solving
- Confirmed ability to successfully prioritize multiple, contending priorities with consistent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in, or previous experience working in Africa and/or a start-up environment is helpful but not required
- Competitive, market-based salary commensurate with experience
- Competitive Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision)
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Opportunities for career advancement and professional development in a fast-growing company.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.