Associate Spatial Data Analyst
Fraym – Spatial
Fraym seeks an associate spatial data analyst passionate about maintaining and expanding our spatial data pipeline. You will be responsible for identifying and cataloguing sources of imagery products, tracking and applying geo-statistical updates, assisting in the development of statistical and mathematical models, and supporting customized engagements.
This person will ultimately be solely responsible for Fraym’s spatial data pipeline, eventually committed to growing Fraym’s geo-statistical database. With this critical team role, you will be in a position for significant career growth and impact.
To be successful you will have a strong GIS and quantitative background, experience working with GIS applications and code (e.g. ArcGIS, R, Python), and an entrepreneurial mindset. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in remote sensing, image analysis, data management, and/or experience on the African continent.
This position will perform a range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Working with large geostatistical datasets and large household surveys to expand, deepen, and refine the Fraym data platform.
- Searching the web for paid and open source, social media, and imagery products
- Supporting customized engagements for a range of customers from both the including private and public sectors
- Maintaining and developing the data pipeline and storage of datasets informing Fraym’s predictive analytics
- Supporting the development of product offerings and capabilities such as machine learning applications and data subscription packages.
To be successful you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field
- At least one-year work experience is preferred but not required
- Training in satellite imagery analysis (including awareness of satellite and sensor data landscape), image processing, and/or other types of GIS analysis
- Experience using python, R, and/or GDAL, and some familiarity with Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Mission-driven and motivated to advance discrete projects both independently and collaborate as part of a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Fraym recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, family status, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.