SSIS & SQL Developer
Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Kurtosys empowers financial services firms to create powerful investor experiences and lasting customer relationships through efficient automation of key sales, marketing and customer service processes.
The company provides an end-to-end digital experience platform (DXP) that enables firms to create, manage, publish and optimize all their financial data, documents, websites and content in a secure, compliant environment.
As a result, it is trusted by the world’s leading investment brands to mitigate their risks and reduce their costs while providing the agility to ensure they are first to market.
Kurtosys solutions include secure websites and portals, interactive data tools and apps, automated sales presentations, marketing collateral and reporting and document libraries.
Kurtosys infrastructure and technology is underpinned by global ISO-27001 certification in information security management, and Kurtosys teams have a deep understanding of working at scale with data, information design, industry regulations and compliance issues.
Founded in 2002, Kurtosys was funded from Silicon Valley investment and operates across three global offices, employing approximately 200 people. The company works with some of the world’s largest financial brands, including banks, wealth managers, mutual fund providers and alternative investments.
Our mission is to empower financial services firms to build highly productive, industry-compliant sales, marketing and client service departments.
Using our innovative digital experience platform and tools, our customers can accelerate these functions by automating critical business processes and create stand-out investor experiences that lead to lasting relationships with their customers.
All while reducing risk with technology that ensures alignment with industry regulations and best practices.
As a partner in the pursuit of your success, we work tirelessly to understand your goals, helping you sell more, retain more clients and reduce cost and risk.
Who are we looking for? ETL Engineers with:
- Minimum of 4 years’ hands-on experience developing ETL jobs – SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS/SSDT) is preferred, but other ETL tools will be considered.
- Ability to understand high level technical design & translate to low level design/ data mappings
- Experience with general ETL tasks (fault finding and debugging using logs).
- General grasp of data ingestion tools.
- An understanding of test-driven development including unit tests and automated integration testing.
- Experience with continuous integration technologies such as TeamCity and Octopus would be advantageous.
- Ability to support code promotion to different environments.
- Experience of working within an Agile Environment.
- Previous experience in the financial sector is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Confident and assertive communicator (Oral and Written) with good presentation skills.
- High motivation with a proven ability to drive projects to a successful and timely conclusion.
- Ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a dynamic, matrix environment and to manage competing priorities.
Knowledge of SQL relating to one of the following databases:
- SQL Server
- My SQL
What you will be doing:
- The ETL developer will work to understand client data files and use defined mappings to build ETL jobs that translate these files into a standard structure. The source files will come in a variety of formats including CSV and XML and may be sent to us or require retrieval from an exposed client API. The jobs themselves will require file manipulation as well as calling web services and interaction with a database, mainly through stored procedures.
- The developer should have a good working knowledge of database technology as he or she may be required to write stored procedures or complex queries to retrieve data within the job.
- The jobs will need to perform well and be scalable. They will also need to contain effective error handling and alerting to ensure issues can be resolved quickly and limit the effect on client applications.
- The ETL developer will be required to support production jobs so strong problem solving and issue identification skills are crucial.
- This role will require independent work as well as collaboration with teams located across the globe. Effective communication and attention to detail will be critical to be successful in this role.
- Development following source control processes as well as peer code reviews.
- Train less experienced team members.