Business Development Representative
Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Kurtosys empowers financial services firms to create powerful investor experiences and lasting customer relationships through efficient automation of key sales, marketing and customer service processes.
The company provides an end-to-end digital experience platform (DXP) that enables firms to create, manage, publish and optimize all their financial data, documents, websites and content in a secure, compliant environment.
As a result, it is trusted by the world’s leading investment brands to mitigate their risks and reduce their costs while providing the agility to ensure they are first to market.
Kurtosys solutions include secure websites and portals, interactive data tools and apps, automated sales presentations, marketing collateral and reporting and document libraries.
Kurtosys infrastructure and technology is underpinned by global ISO-27001 certification in information security management, and Kurtosys teams have a deep understanding of working at scale with data, information design, industry regulations and compliance issues.
Founded in 2002, Kurtosys was funded from Silicon Valley investment and operates across three global offices, employing over 200 people. The company works with some of the world’s largest financial brands, including banks, wealth managers, mutual fund providers and alternative investments.
Our mission is to empower financial services firms to build highly productive, industry-compliant sales, marketing and client service departments.
Using our innovative digital experience platform and tools, our customers can accelerate these functions by automating critical business processes and create stand-out investor experiences that lead to lasting relationships with their customers.
All while reducing risk with technology that ensures alignment with industry regulations and best practices.
As a partner in the pursuit of your success, we work tirelessly to understand your goals, helping you sell more, retain more clients and reduce cost and risk.
Are you the Business Development Representative Kurtosys needs?
We are looking for people with a keen interest in the markets and customers we serve. Our Business Development team is made up of polished, confident personalities who are responsible for actively pursuing potential leads, forming relationships and ensuring that clients have the highest quality experience.
The Business Development Representative is a sales role focused on revenue generation by generating meetings and sales opportunities for Kurtosys, with a focus on contacting and qualifying business accounts to achieve/exceed demand generation targets through Inbound Marketing source leads (MQL’s) and focused on prospecting outbound targeted campaign execution.
If you would like to work with a great bunch of people, are self-driven and eager to make an impact, read on.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Making outbound contact with prospective clients over the phone and email to establish and drive pipeline growth
- Giving high-level online presentations of innovative Kurtosys solutions
- Creating meetings between prospects and Kurtosys business development representatives
- Recording prospect interactions in Salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Researching leads from the Kurtosys website (including chat leads), following up with marketing inbound leads, and sharing them with other sales team members
- Discovering new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/commenting
- Nurturing and qualifying new leads to be turned into online demo appointments
- Being a trusted resource and cultivating relationships with prospects
- Supporting marketing efforts by assisting in demand generation campaigns
The skills and experience we are looking for include
- At least 2 year’s SaaS Software Enterprise sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate in French, German or Dutch would be an advantage
- Energy and drive to make numerous (30+) phone calls daily
- Proficiency with Outlook and the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as online research tools
- Proficiency with social media (especially LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Aptitude to perform overview demonstrations of software solutions
- Ambitious, “hunter” mentality in seeking out new business
- Personality to build strong personal relationships with prospects, customers, and partners
- Ability to execute sales strategies, and successfully overcome prospect objections
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, via email, and phone
- Experience in the Financial services / Asset Management industry would be beneficial
On any given day, you may be making numerous outbound calls, monitoring LinkedIn group comments, sending out 1-to-1 email campaigns, researching the industry and key targeted accounts, responding to and assigning inbound leads to senior sales team members, and assisting the Kurtosys marketing team with ad-hoc campaigns.
We have a wonderful office culture, reward exceptional performance and work with international clients.
For more info, please send your LinkedIn Profile / CV