Vice President, Operations - Remote Insurtech
San Francisco, CA /
Strategy & Operations /
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a mission-driven VP of Operations to develop and implement strategic projects that accelerate the growth of the company. You’ll report directly to the CEO, be a trusted partner to senior leadership, and manage several groups across the business including finance, HR, marketing, data acquisition, and business operations.
During onboarding, you’ll develop a deep understanding of our products and customers. kWh Analytics sits at the intersection of insurance, renewable energy, finance, and technology, so ideally you are either familiar with or eager to learn about these sectors. You’ll develop a cohesive plan, setting and measuring goals to have maximum impact.
kWh Analytics is a fast-growing company and our VP of Operations will be instrumental in building systems to keep things running smoothly as we scale. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is comfortable with organizational change and can inspire the team throughout this growth phase and beyond.
What you can look forward to:
- Developing growth initiatives and business plans.
- Ensuring cross-functional operational collaboration to support the execution of the company’s plans.
- Managing functional leaders in finance, HR, business operations, and marketing to help us meet our growth objectives.
- Leading the company-wide goal-setting and tracking process, while challenging the organization to address opportunities and drive processes to exceed goals consistently.
- Running high-value cross-functional projects that accelerate KWH’s strategy.
- Developing and managing strategies to build upon our data platform to develop new opportunities in Climate Insurance.
- Coordinating monthly strategy meetings with the Leadership Team.
- Building a team culture that is aligned with our company values.
What you likely need to do the job well:
- 8+ years of relevant experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, insurance, or energy business.
- You’ve worked at a startup or small company in growth mode.
- You are a builder. You challenge the status quo. You enjoy identifying solutions to challenges and are always seeking ways to improve systems and processes.
- You are flexible and resourceful. You deliver results and can quickly pivot when the organization’s needs change.
- You have a proven track record of bringing people together around getting them to rally around a shared vision and strategy.
- You possess outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills.
- You think ahead, anticipate potential pitfalls, and have a good sense of what will ultimately help the business grow.
Nice to Have:
- MBA or other relevant advanced degrees preferred.
- Experience in energy, climate, or sustainability.
Location: Remote (US)
Learn more about what we do and why it matters: https://www.kwhanalytics.com/company-overview
kWh Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for all employees.