Underwriter / Sr. Underwriter, Renewable Energy - Remote Insurtech
San Francisco, CA
kWh Analytics is a leading provider of Climate Insurance for zero carbon assets. Utilizing their proprietary database of over 300,000 operating renewable energy assets, kWh Analytics uses real-world project performance data and decades of expertise to underwrite unique risk transfer products on behalf of insurance partners. kWh Analytics has recently been recognized on FinTech Global’s ESGFinTech100 list for their data and climate insurance innovations.
The Solar Revenue Put production insurance protects against downside risk and unlocks preferred financing terms, and the Renewable Energy Property Product offers comprehensive coverage against physical loss. These offerings, which have insured over $4 billion of assets to date, aim to further kWh Analytics’ mission to provide best-in-class Insurance for our Climate.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial insurance leader to be an underwriter in our Renewable Energy Property Insurance division. Your primary responsibilities will include developing and implementing underwriting standards for renewable energy clients. A successful candidate in this role can work independently to develop a decision-making framework, gather supporting evidence for their position, and execute on the resulting plan.
What you can look forward to:
- Working closely with the C-Suite of a fast-growing insurtech to build a new product line.
- Owning your work, from strategic inception to successful execution, in a low-bureaucracy environment.
- Cross-functional interactions with senior management, business development, data scientists, and underwriting support staff .
- Collaborating with a team of experienced renewable energy veterans committed to solving a critical bottleneck that is holding back the adoption of renewable energy.
What you likely need to do the job well:
- Underwriting experience: You’re familiar with the ins and outs of insurance, having worked as an underwriter in renewable energy or adjacent fields. Natural catastrophe underwriting experience and experience with natcat software is a plus.
- Critical thinker: You can quickly synthesize large volumes of (often conflicting) information, and develop a thesis. You can clearly articulate your proposal with supporting data.
- Operational Capability: We are a startup and need people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and are biased towards action.
- Self-starter: You can independently lead and manage projects. You know when to ask for help, but also trust your analytical frameworks.
- A thinker and a doer: You can hold multiple stakeholders’ perspectives in your head, devise a solution, and then rapidly build consensus around that solution.
- A relationship manager: You’ve worked with brokers and fostered mutually beneficial relationships to build a good book of business.
- Travel: You value opportunities to meet with brokers, carriers, renewable industry leaders and stakeholders as well as the team you work with virtually.
$110,000 - $225,000 a year
Learn more about what we do and why it matters: https://www.kwhanalytics.com/company-overview
kWh Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for all employees.