Austin, TX /
Keller Williams Realty International – Publishing /
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. (KWRI)
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services, and training in the industry. KWRI is made up of a diverse team of more than 300 passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. KWRI supports and innovates on behalf of over 180,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals around the world. KWRI’s headquarters employs a diverse group of strategists, innovators, storytellers, and technologists who help transform the way agents market, sell, and interact with their clients. KWRI’s on-site learning center and extensive Career Visioning program support the company’s emphasis on teamwork while allowing individuals with all backgrounds to explore and grow together.
Keller Williams Core Values Responsibility: Every member of the Keller Williams leadership team is responsible for leading and modeling diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices in the workplace relative to hiring, promoting, paying, and managing people. Leaders are expected to treat all people with civility, respect, and dignity and demonstrate the 10 core values that form our belief system.
What You’ll Be Called: Writer/Researcher II
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
What You’ll Do: Work alongside a team of writers and researchers to develop multiple nonfiction book projects. Our team has produced six national bestselling books with over 3.6 million copies sold worldwide. Our catalogue contains real estate industry-standard setting titles such as The Millionaire Real Estate Agent and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor as well as leadership and personal development titles acclaimed throughout the business world like The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results.
You will also be charged with developing and leading a robust ecosystem of blog and newsletter content that will engage our readership, gain industry mindshare, and build a platform for sharing life-changing research and insights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop content for nonfiction book projects in alignment with company goals and by collaborating with editorial team. a. Excellent communication across team and creative collaboration expected. b. Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet simultaneous deadlines expected.
- Research content from primary and secondary sources, including journal articles, interviews, and other resources. a. Ability to summarize research, highlighting key takeaways and major insights, is critical. b. Ability to work independently and efficiently expected.
- Work with publishing director to determine newsletter and blog content calendars, manage the writing team to deliver content to those publications and promote releases over social media channels. a. Experience in leading collaborative creative publications or project desired. b. Experience with newsletters and blogs, SEO best practices, and ability to generate and sustain audience engagement according to KPIs expected.
- Contribute to KWRI cross-departmental content initiatives like training courses, magazine articles, event resources, and more as needed. a. Exercise good editorial judgement and look for additional contributions or alignment with KWRI and industry offerings. b. Continually observe KWU/Outfront/Growth calendars and outputs to watch for opportunities to add value or collaborate. c. Keep track of trends in publishing and real estate with an eye for opportunities.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Journalism, English or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience writing, editing, or researching, preferably in real estate or general business nonfiction content
- A positive attitude that approaches new situations with curiosity and initiative
- Portfolio of recent writing samples appreciated, but not required
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe and is number one in units and volume in the United States. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, TX. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving.
KW is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. kwx recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics disability, age, veteran status, or other protected status as required by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.