Technical Project Manager
Remote OR Boston, MA /
Engineering – Software Development /
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
• Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
• Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in this role and check out our engineering blog here!
- You’ll contribute to the Kyruus vision and mission by driving efficiency, visibility and excellence throughout our Product Development teams and processes.
- You’ll own scrum and project processes within the Product Development teams you work with to ensure communication and alignment between technical teams, stakeholders and managers. You’ll be key in driving the drumbeat and cohesion of your development teams and ensuring each member has what they need to succeed in their role while also keeping an eye on commitments and timelines.
- You’ll guide three of our development teams on how to properly apply Agile processes as Kyruus delivers our product and services. You’ll meaningfully contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- You’ll facilitate and support all Agile/Scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Standup, and Sprint Retrospective. You’ll assist in tracking the status of the team and communicating data on project/team progress.
- You’ll work with product and engineering management to field and route interrupt-type requests and escalations to ensure minimal team disruptions while supporting optimal business outcomes.
- You’ll use a data driven approach and leverage metrics to provide insights into team health and drive improving team predictability and productivity in a sustainable manner. You’ll also enable team productivity and effectiveness by understanding and helping resolve team impediments.
- You’ll use project management principles and knowledge of project management tools to develop and execute on project plans for complex, multi-year initiatives incorporating roll-out of new technology and migration of existing technologies.
- You take ownership for the success and productivity of your technical teams.
- You’ll report to the Director, Program Management in our Product Development department within the R&D - Product division.
Respect: How You'll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 5+ years experience in SaaS delivery and/or project management, knowledge of agile/scrum development practices, and your communication skills to:
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile and/or planning practices within the organization.
- Facilitate sound technical decision making on the team even without being technical. Help make decisions by weighing all options, understanding trade-offs and risks, and codifying the rationale for the decisions.
- Make recommendations for team norming and alignment, team competency development, and areas of process change or improvement.
- Effectively coordinate and work across various departments to conquer larger, complicated projects.
- Ask the right questions and listen actively to our internal teams to understand changing needs.
You’ll use your prioritization and time management skills to:
You’ll use your communication and problem-solving skills to:
Empowerment: How You'll Know You're Succeeding
- You’re a trusted member of the Project Management team and can provide immediate value to our Agile/Scrum process.
- You help measure and evangelize the value of project management and scrum methodologies.
- You drive collaboration with other teams and build trust through transparency and organization.
- You’re the in-house expert on product development processes.
- You provide clear feedback to others and successfully collaborate with Engineering and Product to understand areas for improvement and tradeoffs.
- Kyruuvians in the Technical Project Manager role can move in a more linear career path on the Project Management team. The next step is Senior Technical Project Manager or progress to a management position with the Project Management vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Where You'll Go From Here
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.