Senior Fullstack Engineer
Engineering – Perception /
Labelbox’s mission is to build the best products to align with artificial intelligence. Real breakthroughs in AI are reliant on the quality of the training data. Labelbox's data engine enables organizations to dramatically improve the quality of their training data, which makes their machine learning models more accurate and performant. We are determined to build software that is more open, easier-to-use, and singularly focused on helping our customers get to production AI faster.
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, Black + Decker, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), Databricks Ventures, Snowpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Perception Language Team
The vast majority of machine learning projects fail because of insufficient or poorly labelled data. At Labelbox, the Perception team’s mission is to build the most efficient tool for creating high-quality training data, allowing our users to make breakthroughs in their domains and advance the field of artificial intelligence.
Our team focuses on building a beautiful browser interface, that is served to users all around the world. We focus on use cases that allow humans to annotate media around languages such as audio waveforms, text documents, and PDFs.
About the Role
As our senior full-stack software engineer, you will be working with a team of engineers, PMs and designers to make the labelling experience intuitive, efficient and delightful for text, PDFs and audio. You will be writing code in React, Typescript, Canvas, RxJS, and Python. You will collaborate with your teammates by authoring and reviewing well-thought-out technical design documents.
- You have 6+ years as Software Engineer, equally comfortable with the frontend and backend
- You have experience with front-end development using frontend frameworks such as React/Redux, Vue.js, Angular, etc
- You have experience designing, implementing, and supporting backend services in Python, Go, Typescript or another high-level language
- You embrace working and communicating effectively with your team, and cross-functional group, and get excited by crafting simple and elegant solutions
- Quality and testing is very important to you but can balance between perfection and shipping
Nice To Have
- You have contributed to products that have complex frontends
- You are an experienced practitioner of NLP techniques
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for this United States based position is $170,000 - $215,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential equity packages or additional benefits. Exact compensation varies based on a variety of factors, including skills and competencies, experience, and geographical location.
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.