Staff Software Engineer, Backend
San Francisco /
Labelbox is building software infrastructure for industrial data science teams to do data labeling for the training of neural networks. When we build software, we take for granted the existence of collaborative tools to write and debug code. The machine learning workflow has no standard tooling for labeling data, storing it, debugging models and then continually improving model accuracy. Enter Labelbox. Labelbox's vision is to become the default software for data scientists to manage data and train neural networks in the same way that GitHub or text editors are defaults for software engineers.
Current Labelbox customers include American Family Insurance, Lytx, Airbus, Genius Sports, Keeptruckin and more. Labelbox is venture backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI-focused venture fund), Kleiner Perkins, and First Round Capital and has been featured in Tech Crunch, Web Summit and Forbes.
- Strong background in software architecture
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Experience developing backend services for web applications in a production environment
- Experience managing/scaling SQL databases, orchestrating migrations, and disaster recovery
- Knowledge of best practices in distributed computing
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- Optimizing data models and database configurations for both ease-of-use and performant response times
- Experience optimizing web traffic
- Experience with RabbitMQ (or other message broker) and Redis
- Experience constructing and monitoring ETL pipelines
- 10 years of professional software development experience
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or a related field.
We believe that AI has the power to transform every aspect of our lives -- from healthcare to agriculture. The exponential impact of artificial intelligence will mean mammograms can happen quickly and cheaply irrespective of the limited number of radiologists there are in the world and growers will know the instant that disease hits their farm without even being there.
At Labelbox, we’re building a platform to accelerate the development of this future. Rather than requiring companies to create their own expensive and incomplete homegrown tools, we’ve created a training data platform that acts as a central hub for humans to interface with AI. When humans have better ways to input and manage data, machines have better ways to learn.
Perks & Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Flexible vacation policy
Dog friendly office
Daily catered lunch & snacks
Great office location in the Mission district, beautiful office & private outdoor patio with grill