Senior Full Stack Engineer, Enterprise Platform
Engineering – Perception /
Labelbox’s mission is to build the best products to align with artificial intelligence. Real breakthroughs in AI are reliant on the quality of the training data. Labelbox's data engine enables organizations to dramatically improve the quality of their training data, which makes their machine learning models more accurate and performant. We are determined to build software that is more open, easier-to-use, and singularly focused on helping our customers get to production AI faster.
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, Black + Decker, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), Databricks Ventures, Snowpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Role
As a full-stack software engineer on the team, you will be responsible for building out features and services for broader adoption in the enterprise. Your day-to-day will be writing code, reviewing pull requests, and writing and reviewing technical design docs. You will participate in the team’s on-call and show off your work during company-wide demos.
The team is distributed and we embrace a fully asynchronous culture. The team meets several times a year in person for in-person collaboration and team building.
Some projects you could work on
- Building flexible Access Controls for existing and new product features
- Building and supporting internal highly-available authorization services
- Introducing product security-focused features such as Audit Trails
- You have 5+ years as a full-stack Software Engineer
- You are familiar with access control products & patterns such as RBAC
- You have experience with front-end development using frontend frameworks such as React/Redux, Vue.js, Angular, etc.
- You have experience designing, implementing, and supporting backend services in Python, Go, Typescript or another high-level language
- You have experience working with Kafka, Rabbit, Google Pub-Sub
- You embrace working and communicating effectively with your team, and cross-functional group, and get excited by crafting simple and elegant solutions
- Quality and testing are essential to you but you can balance between perfection and shipping
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for this United States based position is $170,000 - $215,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential equity packages or additional benefits. Exact compensation varies based on a variety of factors, including skills and competencies, experience, and geographical location.
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.