Senior Backend Software Engineer
San Francisco or Remote
Labelbox is building infrastructure for data science teams to manage training data for neural networks. It's easy to take for granted the existence of collaborative tools for tasks like writing and debugging code; the machine learning world has no standard tooling for labeling data, storing it, debugging models and continually improving their accuracy. Enter Labelbox. Our vision is to become the go-to software platform for data scientists to collaboratively manage their data and train neural networks, all in a tight feedback loop.
Labelbox is experiencing massive growth, and we are looking to expand our engineering team to meet the demands of our burgeoning customer base which includes companies like American Family Insurance, Lytx, Airbus, Genius Sports, Keeptruckin and others. Labelbox is venture backed by Google, Kleiner Perkins and First Round Capital and has been featured in Tech Crunch, Web Summit and Forbes.
As a Senior back-end engineer at Labelbox you will have considerable autonomy in your domain, centered around our GraphQL API. You will lead technical design efforts of key features like web-hooks, bulk data management, and ETL infrastructure. You'll also collaborate with our application engineers to optimize internal services' usage of our API. Other aspects of the role include:
• Optimizing data models and database configurations for both ease-of-use and performant response times
• Setting up and managing resiliency efforts to maintain high service uptime
• Leading testing efforts and architecture for constant delivery of high quality services
• Mentoring other engineers contributing in your areas of expertise
• Contributing product ideas and feedback on how Labelbox can provide great ETL features to our customers
• 5+ years of experience developing back-end services for web applications in a production environment
• Experience managing/scaling SQL databases, orchestrating migrations, and disaster recovery
• Experience with Node.js and Typescript
• Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
• Experience with GraphQL and a solid understanding of best practices, its strengths, and its weaknesses
• Experience with RabbitMQ (or other message broker) and Redis
• Experience constructing and monitoring ETL pipelines
• Experience with Logstash / Elasticsearch
We believe that AI has the power to transform every aspect of our lives -- from healthcare to agriculture. The exponential impact of artificial intelligence will mean that mammograms can happen quickly and cheaply irrespective of the limited number of radiologists in the world and that farmers will know the instant disease hits their crops without needing to be there in person.
We’re building a platform to accelerate the development of this future. Rather than requiring companies to create their own expensive and incomplete homegrown tools, we’ve created a training data platform that acts as a central hub for humans to interface with AI. When humans have better ways to input and manage data, machines have better ways to learn.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Flexible vacation policy
Dog friendly office
Daily catered lunch & snacks
Great office location in the Mission district, beautiful office & private outdoor patio with grill