Senior Software Engineer, 3D Graphics
Engineering – Perception /
Labelbox’s mission is to build the best products to align with artificial intelligence. Real breakthroughs in AI are reliant on the quality of the training data. Labelbox's data engine enables organizations to dramatically improve the quality of their training data, which makes their machine learning models more accurate and performant. We are determined to build software that is more open, easier-to-use, and singularly focused on helping our customers get to production AI faster.
Current Labelbox customers are transforming industries within insurance, retail, manufacturing/robotics, healthcare, and beyond. Our platform is used by Fortune 500 enterprises including Allstate, Black + Decker, Bayer, Warner Brothers and leading AI-focused companies including FLIR Systems and Caption Health. We are backed by leading investors including SoftBank, Andreessen Horowitz, B Capital, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI-focused fund), Databricks Ventures, Snowpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Perception team, you will work closely with product, design, and other engineers to design and implement a full-stack solution for customers to import, render, and annotate point clouds. The solution will also be shared with customers who wish to build their own novel experiences for their labelers. You will balance innovation and pragmatism to deliver software with the right quality on time in order to meet business objectives and create the right technology foundation for future use cases.
You will create jaw-dropping user experiences; support the performant rendering of labels in web browsers at scale; build novel experiences for exploring 3D point clouds; and create experiences in sensor fusion where users are working with multiple modalities seamlessly, e.g. images embedded in 3D point clouds.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience with 3D graphics, WebGL and GLSL shaders
- You have 3+ years using frontend frameworks such as React/Redux, Angular, etc
- You have 3+ years of experience with full-stack development (writing + consuming GraphQL APIs, databases, etc)
- You have 3+ years experience rendering large 3D scenes / datasets
- You have familiarity with 3D web-based rendering frameworks such as Three.js or Babylon.js
- You are constantly learning and pushing the art of the possible in web browsers
- You embrace working and communicating effectively with your team, and cross-functional group, and get excited by crafting simple and elegant solutions
- Quality and testing are very important to you but can balance between perfection and shipping
Nice to Have
- Domain experience in point clouds and Lidar data
- Experience with computer vision techniques
- Experience with RxJS
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for this United States based position is $170,000 - $215,000. This range is not inclusive of any potential equity packages or additional benefits. Exact compensation varies based on a variety of factors, including skills and competencies, experience, and geographical location.
We hire great people regardless of where they live. Work wherever you’d like as reliable internet access is our only requirement. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.