Machine Learning Data Specialist
San Francisco /
Customer Success /
Labelbox’s mission is to build the best products for humans to advance artificial intelligence. As a ML Data Specialist, you will work across engineering, customer, and data labeling teams to create highly accurate datasets. This is a unique, cross functional position where you will act as a project/program manager ensuring successful data labeling and machine learning outcomes for customers. You are a creative problem solver with attention to detail.
Current Labelbox customers include American Family Insurance, Lytx, Airbus, Genius Sports, Keeptruckin and more. Labelbox is venture backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Gradient Ventures (Google’s AI-focused venture fund), Kleiner Perkins and First Round Capital and has been featured in Tech Crunch, Web Summit and Forbes.
- Scope, develop, and operate data labeling projects that produce high-quality, ML-ready data sets
- Help customers build production-grade data labeling pipelines
- Translate technical requirements into atomic tasks and workflows for data labeling teams
- Track and analyze metrics to deliver remarkable customer service.
- Accuracy, precision, time-to-delivery, speed, and cost are the key metrics for a successful project.
- Coordinate large-scale data operations projects between customers and data labeling teams
- Assess and manage data labeling workforce performance to help them deliver the best results
- Continuously improve quality and throughput of our data labeling services
- Understand the similarities and differences across datasets
- Proactively finding ways to improve and scale up data labeling efforts
- A passion for data and quality
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Detail-oriented, with a sharp eye for visual differences between images, video and text
- An ability to navigate and advise on efforts related to complex customer requests or projects, gathering additional human resources for assistance when needed
- An ability to learn quickly to understand and articulate new technologies and corresponding value propositions
- A strong motivation to work closely with customers to create the best possible experiences with Labelbox
- Assertive, positive and effective communication skills in English – both written and oral – with considerable attention to detail and the ability to present and influence
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, particularly in complex technical situations
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred, relevant professional experience also considered
- Experience building and/or QAing datasets
- At least 2 years of experience with analytical software such as Excel
- Experience in a customer-facing role
Nice to Have
- Experience working on computer vision use cases
- Experience working as a Quality Assurance Analyst (QAA)
- Experience scoping and developing ontologies and taxonomies