DevOps Engineer On-Prem
San Francisco or Remote
Labelbox is building software infrastructure for industrial data science teams to do data labeling for the training of neural networks. When we build software, we take for granted the existence of collaborative tools to write and debug code. The machine learning workflow has no standard tooling for labeling data, storing it, debugging models and then continually improving model accuracy. Enter Labelbox. Labelbox's vision is to become the default software for data scientists to manage data and train neural networks in the same way that GitHub or text editors are defaults for software engineers.
- Having participated in projects mixing DevOps and Infrastructure as Code
- LINUX system administration experience
- Basic system administration tasks such as configuring servers and applications, automating routine tasks, backup/restore, etc.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and configuration
- Experience with container technology for application packaging, delivery, and operation
- Docker preferred, though we will consider other container technologies
- Container Orchestration tools (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with distributed systems architectures and related tools (service discovery, config/secret management, etc.)
- The ideal candidate brings DevOps and automation domain knowledge and uses tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
- 4 - 9 years of successful technical experience supporting a major global IT organization.
- Infrastructure as Code DevOps, scripting, and automation experience. Solid knowledge of Python, Golang, or other similar tools will be highly valuable.
- Committed to operational excellence, with the willingness to cross-train and learn additional technical expertise.
- Strong customer focus and a highly responsive service delivery and support ethic.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and documentation skills. Proven interpersonal skills to interact effectively with individuals in multiple countries and in varying cultures.
- Strong verbal and written English.
We believe that AI has the power to transform every aspect of our lives -- from healthcare to agriculture. The exponential impact of artificial intelligence will mean mammograms can happen quickly and cheaply irrespective of the limited number of radiologists there are in the world and growers will know the instant that disease hits their farm without even being there.
At Labelbox, we’re building a platform to accelerate the development of this future. Rather than requiring companies to create their own expensive and incomplete homegrown tools, we’ve created a training data platform that acts as a central hub for humans to interface with AI. When humans have better ways to input and manage data, machines have better ways to learn.
Perks & Benefits:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Flexible vacation policy
Dog friendly office
Daily catered lunch & snacks
Great office location in the Mission district, beautiful office & private outdoor patio with grill